New to the Club

Welcome to the forum Fraser! :) you'll find the guys and gels on here are a friendly bunch :)聽

good choice of motor, the a8l is a聽聽Fantastic car!聽

Oh and don't forget to check out our events section! Your more than welcome to display your a8 at up and coming events with us!

cheers聽

Steve聽

Hi Steve / Trevor

I don't collect the car until Friday, I'm getting quite excited about it the closer it gets. 聽I spent a long time finding the model / colour / options i wanted and went slightly 馃槻 over budget to get it. 聽I'll let you know how it is when I get some miles under its belt, going off the test drive it's going to be awesome! 聽The only down side I can see so far is how the hell i'm going to get it on my drive, it's HUGE! 馃槼

I will definitely check out the events section, thanks. I have been a member of the NPOC for several years now and I have attended many of their events, they were great fun and a good community to belong to, so I'm definitely looking forward to some Audi meets.

Cheers.

• Like 1

No worries Fraser :)聽

to be honest it's always better to stretch your budget to get the car you truly want! What colour scheme did you go for in the end? And what engine did you choose?聽

I'm not suprised your excited! I'm slightly envious!聽

Would聽be great to see you at the shows and display your a8 :)聽

cheers

Steve

• Like 1

Steve,

I went for a Mythos black long wheelbase SE executive. 聽It has the black leather interior with the full comfort package and i believe the extended leather. 聽I picked the 3.0 tdi V6 in the end looking at consumption and taxation, i was very surprised when I drove it, I couldn't believe how powerful it is. 聽Although i was very tempted by the W12 but out of my league 馃

Hopefully I'll see you at the Audis in the park event, I have just put my name down for that.聽

Fraser

1 hour ago, Tran$porter said:

Steve,

I went for a Mythos black long wheelbase SE executive. 聽It has the black leather interior with the full comfort package and i believe the extended leather. 聽I picked the 3.0 tdi V6 in the end looking at consumption and taxation, i was very surprised when I drove it, I couldn't believe how powerful it is. 聽Although i was very tempted by the W12 but out of my league 馃

Hopefully I'll see you at the Audis in the park event, I have just put my name down for that.聽

Fraser

Great colour combo Fraser! For me black exterior and black interior is best! :) what interior trim inserts did you go for e.g: wood, carbon, aluminium etc?聽

I have to agree the 3.0tdi is the best for realistic use. But the w12 is awesome! It's just running it that's the problem!聽

Yep im planning to be at Audis in the park, I'm going to update the list with your name in it. And yes I believe we are having a club stand. I will be speaking to Trevor and Brad about this shortly.聽

Cheers

Steve聽

Awesome, it will be an event I will look forward to. 聽As the car is slightly second hand I didn't get to choose the inserts, but I think they are 'piano black' from memory, the spec sheet describes them as 'walnut' tho but they looked black to me, well in my memory anyway 馃槼馃槼馃槼 I have a pic but cant make it out properly. 聽馃槑

IMG_0177.PNG

3 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Buying slightly used is often the best way as the savings can be huge!聽

like you I can't tell from the pic but its be nice either way :)聽

Hi Steve,

Yeah totally agree there, I believe this car, with its options was circa 拢82,000 12 months ago, I got it for 拢36,500 bargain!! I know I'm still in the massive depreciation zone but I'm hoping to loose only 拢15k over the next 4-5 years, if thats the case I'll be happy enough. Thanks for the approving comments by the way.