So very excited to collect my A7 next week - advise on retrofit camera and folding mirrors

AudiNewbie-A7

Hi guys,

After nearly 10 years of owning and enjoying JLR cars, last one being a XF -I'm finally moving (and excited) to an Audi A7 272 BHP. It's a beaut in white, S-line, Black edition, with 21" alloys on a 65 plate with 4K miles. I'd seen another similarly priced one with lots of kit, clocking 13K miles, but it seemed not looked after at all and had a wrecked 'boy racer' feel to it. So I went for this one instead as it pretty much felt brand new.

However this one does not have many options fitted and I was particularly after a reversing camera and folding mirrors upgrade. Has anyone had these retro fitted and can advise on costs along with recommendations.

Thanks in advance from a very very excited newbie!

N

Welcome to the forum :) you'll find the guys and gels on here are a friendly bunch :) 

I'm not surprised your excited! The a7 is a lovely car. Whites a great colour for it and even better it's the black edition :) 

unsure about the camera but I think the folding mirror feature can be retro fitted. 

Cheers

Steve 

Welcome to the forum. I collected my white A7 (272 TDI)  just over a month ago and I really enjoy driving it. Moved from a 3L diesel BMW X5. I The Black edition are pretty high spec cars, I'd have thought it would be standard for the folding mirrors. Enjoy the car!

• Like 1

Thanks rastaman - collected to car today and can't wipe the smile off my face. I'm also really surprised and delighted by how comfortable the drive is, which I wasn't expecting on the 21' wheels with a sports suspension. It's a lot smoother and quieter than the XF.

Ok so on the camera front, I've had a number of quotes and they are all around the £549-£599 mark, original Audi parts. Power folding mirrors are an eye watering £850! (as new options they are about £250 I think) If anyone find anything cheaper, please let me know.

Thanks all. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/05/2017 at 0:25 AM, AudiNewbie-A7 said:

Hi guys,

After nearly 10 years of owning and enjoying JLR cars, last one being a XF -I'm finally moving (and excited) to an Audi A7 272 BHP. It's a beaut in white, S-line, Black edition, with 21" alloys on a 65 plate with 4K miles. I'd seen another similarly priced one with lots of kit, clocking 13K miles, but it seemed not looked after at all and had a wrecked 'boy racer' feel to it. So I went for this one instead as it pretty much felt brand new.

However this one does not have many options fitted and I was particularly after a reversing camera and folding mirrors upgrade. Has anyone had these retro fitted and can advise on costs along with recommendations.

Thanks in advance from a very very excited newbie!

N

Hey I'm new to the site and I know a company that could do everything you require.

i have never tried them but hear very good things about them.

give them a shout www.audi-retrofits.co.uk

if your on instagram than look them up under Audi retrofits and see some of their work.

anyways all the best