emmissions coytol system warning light

Tim lane

My warning light for the emissions control system came on this morning. Not noticed any change to enine or drive chariteristics. any Ideas what it means. The car is under warranty and i have got the car booked in wednesday morning.

Had the car run on diagnostics check this morning and no fault was found so system was reset. Its back in next week for a service it should of had before i picked it up so if it comes back on the garage has a whole day to have a thorough look over

• 1 month later...

So, the ecs light came back on last week and then a day later went off. Audi took the car and kept it for 4 days for investigation work. Seems that changing the spark plugs and foil pack seems to have done the trick, and improved acceleration too

Hello Tim,

Sorry to hear of your problem.

I note you say ......."before I picked it up..." and wonder if you mean you have only recently acquired it. If so, it may be worth having a read of the posts in the Recalls section towards the top of the forum headings, and checking with Audi if this car has indeed been subjected to a recall. This may be useful information for you, should (and we hope not) the light come back on. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.