Thule roof boxes (compatible with wing bars)

Hi all,

Apologies if this has already been covered in a previous thread (please post a link if so), but I'm looking for some advice on Thule roof boxes - specifically compatibility with their wing bars.

I've just bought a set for my A4 B and now want to buy a roof box, however the brand new options on Thule's site are way beyond my price range.  On that basis, two questions...

1. Does anyone know if a compatibility guide exists online somewhere?  I can see a few options to buy a roof box second hand on eBay, but can never tell if the box will go on the wing bars.

2. Does anyone have any recommendations based on their own experience?  The main consideration is size...

Thanks in advance!

Hi Mark, 

I have just feed a Halfords Exodus 470 onto my A6 with Square roof bars.

My roof box came with the quick fit brackets that have a U bolt past up through the underside of the box. 

These have an internal width of 80mm so should be wide enough for your aero bars.

I purchased my box new after getting 10% off online and an additional 16% discount for using friends and family card. 

In all it cost me £189. I  was also looking all over eBay for a box but they were all going for silly money unless they were in a state. 

IMG_5188.JPG

IMG_5189.JPG

IMG_5190.JPG

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum mark :) 

members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

sorry I can't help much as iv not really had any experience with roof bars or boxes I'm afraid. 

Cheers

steve 

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers both.

I ended up getting a second hand Thule Ranger 90.  Would have been good to get something bigger, but when the box will only be on the car for less than 5% of the year, I needed something smaller to store (too much crap in the shed!).

13 minutes ago, Sparky81 said:

Cheers both.

I ended up getting a second hand Thule Ranger 90.  Would have been good to get something bigger, but when the box will only be on the car for less than 5% of the year, I needed something smaller to store (too much crap in the shed!).

I know that feeling! I have far too much stuff lol