Henry Westons Cider

If any of our members are cider drinkers if you not tried it check out Henry Westons Cider really nice taste and sneaks up on you :P be warned it is 8.2 Vol :)

1 hour ago, aroundno said:

If any of our members are cider drinkers if you not tried it check out Henry Westons Cider really nice taste and sneaks up on you :P be warned it is 8.2 Vol :)

Hey Paul iv not heard of this cider but il deffo have to give it a try! ;) 

I'm assuming it comes in different flavours? 

Cheers

steve

Steve only seen it in 2016 vintage cider bottles but its nice 4 or 5 of these bad boys is better then 10 fosters or 10 strongbow

• Like 1

9 hours ago, aroundno said:

Steve only seen it in 2016 vintage cider bottles but its nice 4 or 5 of these bad boys is better then 10 fosters or 10 strongbow

I bet! I find fosters and strongbow horrible stuff. 

You don't want to be quenching a thirst with is thats for sure. 

Down this way we have all sorts of traditional Cider. Cheddar Valley will steal your legs from under you. 

Nowt better on a hot day than a pint of cold Thatchers Gold. Just don't put ice in it as that is for ponces who like to dress their drinks up like Disco !Removed!.

last time I drank copious amounts of Cider (with ice in it, sorry Envy) was during a long hot summer and I couldn't physically walk for some time afterwards due to all the acidic content making my feet swell up....very nice though!

Real Ale drinker nowadays....much healthier !

38 minutes ago, Trevor said:

last time I drank copious amounts of Cider (with ice in it, sorry Envy) was during a long hot summer and I couldn't physically walk for some time afterwards due to all the acidic content making my feet swell up....very nice though!

Real Ale drinker nowadays....much healthier !

Real ale is nice, one of my favourites is spitfire :) 

Sorry, seemed to have hijacked this Cider post and turned it into a Real Ale post  :drunk:

Spitfire is indeed a fine ale...my favourite would have to be Forty-Niner, a local Ringwood Ale....nice!

Ringwood Ale is ok - Old Thumper? Have BoonDoggle up the Rugby Club.

Also like the Cornish Ales - Proper Job and Tribute. 

Back to Cider and have to say you can't beat a drop of Old Rosie.

• Like 1

Did you know that Old Speckled Hen is in fact named after an MG car?

The name chosen was “Old Speckled Hen”, which took its name from an unusual car which the story goes was built as an experimental model in 1927. This car was called the “MG Featherlight Saloon” which featured cellulosed fabric stretched over a wooden frame, and was finished in black speckled with gold.

It became the factory’s general runabout, and as it chugged around, people would say in their Oxfordshire tones: “There gus the owd speck’ld un….”

• 7 months later...

Back on the Henry Westons Cider tonight only had 1 bottle and already kicking in must learn to eat before drink, @51 you`d think i would know better lmao

Westons is one of my favourite ciders.  I find it doesn't taste as  strong as it is.  Which can be lethal :whistling1: Now old rosie, when having a few of those, I feel fine until I get up to leave to find that my legs have stopped working :yes:

.Cider is not something I drink often. Maybe I should partake. I tend to drink wine in the house, lager at BBQs , real ale when out and I do like John Smith's cold mild. Which is very odd. On hols...anything cold!!

Not forgetting a wee dram of single malt. Now there's a topic to pursue.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 7/20/2017 at 9:47 AM, Trevor said:

Did you know that Old Speckled Hen is in fact named after an MG car?

The name chosen was “Old Speckled Hen”, which took its name from an unusual car which the story goes was built as an experimental model in 1927. This car was called the “MG Featherlight Saloon” which featured cellulosed fabric stretched over a wooden frame, and was finished in black speckled with gold.

It became the factory’s general runabout, and as it chugged around, people would say in their Oxfordshire tones: “There gus the owd speck’ld un….”

Abingdon was in Berkshire then!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

well the weekend is here and me and the better half are kicking it off with vodka (£16 for 1ltr) and orange enjoy the evening boys an girls and remember if you can remember the night you never drank enough the night before :yahoo:

20180622_185125.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 6/22/2018 at 7:01 PM, Paul A6 said:

well the weekend is here and me and the better half are kicking it off with vodka (£16 for 1ltr) and orange enjoy the evening boys an girls and remember if you can remember the night you never drank enough the night before :yahoo:

20180622_185125.jpg

Dangerous game you're playing there my friend haha