Bluetooth stereo

bigdog

Hi...new to this forum.. after many years of fords and vauxhalls I've finally managed to get myself a nice A3 sport tfsi..even though my lovely wife drives her daily whilst I use my pickup I am allowed to drive her at the weekends. We've had her for about 8 months now and it's been a wonderful relationship, however we now need a hands free phone attachment or bluetooth stereo...she's a 2010 A3 14 sport tfsi which would be the best/ affordable solution..ideally is it possible to swap that stereo for an upgrade. ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. .thanks in advance...Andy

Hi and welcome to audi owners club forums please feel free to look around, we are a friendly bunch and will help where we can. we look forward to reading your posts :)

There maybe relating to bluetooth in the A3 Section

Welcome to the forum Andy :) 

youll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

a bluetooth kit will cost anywhere from £100 upwards and is often a cheaper way of fitting Bluetooth. but if you want to change the radio then there are plenty of options. Some radios can come with touch screens and android compatibility as well as having reverse cameras. As the age old saying goes "you get what you pay for" 

cheers

steve :) 

Thanks guys...I just wondered if there was a simple swap over audi stereo..ie unplug mine and plug in say one from an A4 or TT which had the handsfree or satnav settings on them..rather than fitting a non audi stereo.?

On 31/07/2017 at 10:25 AM, bigdog said:

Thanks guys...I just wondered if there was a simple swap over audi stereo..ie unplug mine and plug in say one from an A4 or TT which had the handsfree or satnav settings on them..rather than fitting a non audi stereo.?

Hmm, technically yes as the radios were fitted in various models :)

however the new radio would need to be coded to your car and you would have to check whether or not you have the wiring for the microphone already installed. 

Oh and iv moved this to the a3 section to make it easier for members to find :) 

cheers

steve 

On audis bluetooth modul is a seperate unit to the head unit . Swapping radios wont help . 

You can retrofit bluetooth and wirring but its costly. 

Aftermarket adds like parrot might work as well but its tricky

Quick fix is to get a bluetooth fm transmiter that has hands free and music streaming (around £10-40)

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291944442630

19 minutes ago, niedzial1983 said:

On audis bluetooth modul is a seperate unit to the head unit . Swapping radios wont help . 

Now I didn't know that! 

And the Bluetooth transmitter looks good :)