Free Audi Health check

WPAWS

Sure i mentioned this in another thread but this Wednesday my car is booked in at Newbury for its Free health check, in my experience nothing is ever free and i`m sure Audi are going to find something to make money out of me.

Here is a link to what inspection they will carry out   https://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/servicing-maintenance-mot/vehicle-health-check.html

I will also be given a written report on work thats needed or not, lets see just how much they want to sting me for, i will keep you all updated of how it went :yes:

• Like 1

Well car now had its health check and i can`t complain, Audi Newbury were polite and very helpful.

So here is what they picked up:

Brake fluid change due £59 - Not in my eyes only had a full service 7 months ago

Track rod end - right side slight play advice replacement of arm and clip plus wheel alignment  £469.57

Even sent me an Audi cam of the work needed

vv-video-5675015.mp4

40 minutes ago, Paul A6 said:

Ya seems she is holding up well for her age :yes:

I'd dread taking mine in! She's currently having both driveshafts replaced and at least 2 new engine mounts! To be fair though it's never had driveshafts previously so I think getting 324,800 miles out of them is pretty good! 

Last week she had lower suspension arms and rear discs and pads! 

Abd I know she'll need the upper suspension arms doing before the mot in March! 

But il have it done because I'm crazy and I live this a6 as it has sentimental value! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul A6 said:

When time comes i may replace Track rod end myself watched a couple of YouTube vids and does not seem a technical job to do  

Nice one Paul :) wish I was technically minded lol 

Paul A6  ....this is what you will need as well as the track rod end to ensure you have repaired it properly and a four wheel alignment is from around £50 - £65 with any adjustments.  Fitting time if you took it to an independent garage would be around 30 - 45 minutes.

logo.svg?v=11.9

Q-Drive Inner Tie Rod (Front Left or Right)    Product Code: 606442020
Q-Drive Inner Tie Rod (Front Left or Right)

£31.49  was  £37.32*SAVE  16%

OR A BETTER QUALITY PART BELOW

TRW Inner Tie Rod (Front Left or Right)      Product Code: 606442026
Non-Stock Item - Available to Order(Usually Dispatched in 7 days*)
£46.49    was  £55.66*

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Starline Track Rod End (Front left or right)    Product Code: 606440529
Starline Track Rod End (Front left or right)

£17.99    was  £21.36*SAVE  16%

£60.99    TRW

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trevor said:

Paul A6  ....this is what you will need as well as the track rod end to ensure you have repaired it properly and a four wheel alignment is from around £50 - £65 with any adjustments.  Fitting time if you took it to an independent garage would be around 30 - 45 minutes.

logo.svg?v=11.9

Q-Drive Inner Tie Rod (Front Left or Right)    Product Code: 606442020
Q-Drive Inner Tie Rod (Front Left or Right)

£31.49  was  £37.32*SAVE  16%

TRW Inner Tie Rod (Front Left or Right)      Product Code: 606442026
Non-Stock Item - Available to Order(Usually Dispatched in 7 days*)
£46.49    was  £55.66*

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Starline Track Rod End (Front left or right)    Product Code: 606440529
Starline Track Rod End (Front left or right)

£17.99    was  £21.36*SAVE  16%

£60.99    TRW

cheers m8

"Track rod end - right side slight play advice replacement of arm and clip plus wheel alignment  £469.57" aUDI QUOTED

Popped into local VW garage and showed them the paper work from Audi and said will check Track rod end whilst doing the MOT and advice if the work needs doing or not, should i need it replaced they will do it plus all wheel alignment for £120, happy with that 

• 2 weeks later...

It`s a good day for me, Car passed its MOT only advisory - track rod end ball has slight play, but then i was expecting that, garage have said replace within the next 4000 miles and will do the job @ under a £100 not Audis quote of  £469.57 

• Like 1