A/C warm in passenger air vents

MattS

Hi,

I have a new 2017 A3 1.0 SE, with manual a/c, since delivered the passenger air vents have blown ambient air, the drivers vents are cold, coldest is drivers vent next to window, warmest is passenger vent near window.  Main dealer has checked obvious stuff and said it was a design "feature", i.e. poor design to meet emission levels and mpg.  Doesn't seem correct.  Any thoughts/advice?

Matt

Hello Matt,

Cutting to the chase and keeping this brief, I would simply return to the dealer and ask them to put in writing what they have told you, and then you can pass this on to Audi Customer Services. 

Kind regards,

Gareth, 

I agree with Gareth on this one Matt. Sounds like thebdealer is trying to fob you off to me. Iv never experienced that on ANY Audi I have been in and after working in the motor trade and having family with new Audis and other vag cars I can tell you it's not normal. 

What you could also do is be cheeky and find an identical one at a dealer and test drive it to see if it's the same. If it is then you know it's a design flaw (but I HIGHLY doubt it) or just your car. 

For me it sounds like an issue with a control module or something. Especially as it's blowing cold air your side. Just out of curiosity what's it like then the ventilation system is on hot? 

Is it hotter more one side than the other? 

Hope iv helped 

cheers

steve 

Not sure this will help but on a6 c6 there is a common fault with circulation coolant pump valves , symptoms are the same warm air from some of the vents . Usualy cleaning them out helps as i have done it to my car . 

Its worth asking thr garage to replasce that to check