Strange noise after long drive and oil low light on after service

pdub121

Hi Iv just bought my tt, I drove it back 1.5 hours and yes I did give it some , but when I was nearly home the oil minimum light came on and when I got back and was standstill there was this strange noise

Please watch the video and listen carefully, it's like a high pitched noise. They did a service and topped the oil up a bit so I'm not sure why this is happening, hopefully someone has had the same thing so i know what it is incase this dealership try to palm me off with some excuse!

Video.MOV

10 hours ago, pdub121 said:

the oil minimum light came on

Hi m8 this would be my 1st concern if they serviced and topped up oil before giving you the car after only 1.5 hours of driving the oil min light should not in my opinion have come on have you checked the oil level and is there any oil on the road / drive were you parked the car up.

as for the noise i could not really hear the high pitch sound you mentioned all i heard was what sounded like your window going up

Hi mate. i took it to the garage and they said the oil was at min and there was no leak , i think where the car sat at the dealership it needed to take a load in to get into the engine, they diddnt put much in from what i saw. As for the noise, if you listen carefully towards the end of the video you can definitely hear it, cheerrs!

Hi Paul

I'm guessing if it has been standing at a Dealership for some time then possibly it is something that just needs to bed in after collecting some surface corrosion (e.g. rusty discs, dry belt, etc). See if the noise disappears after a week or so and if not, then we'll go to plan B (whatever that is, will work it out later on)

Cheers,  Trevor

25 minutes ago, pdub121 said:

Thanks mate, the dealership said i could take it in to get it looked at and payfor it tomorrow so ill see what the outcome of that is!

Well thats something Paul at least their not flogging you off, if their paying for any work that may need doing then take them up on the offer :yahoo:

Yeah, so far so good. I just don't trust car dealers ! 😂 On a brighter note I absolutely love this car , it's my first nice car Iv ever had and it was a good choice, once I get the wheels done in black I'll stick a photo up 

• Like 1