Wheels - Date stamped?

BeloB

Hi, 

I'm new to the club and wonder whether someone can give me some advice please?

My RS3 has just been serviced by the local Audi dealer and I am convinced they have changed the wheel as the one fitted now has different tread pattern, no rim protect and the allow is scuffed.   Predictably they have said it's nothing to do with them and therefore I was wondering whether the wheels have any kind if identification/manufacture date?   With any luck I will be able to demonstrate the one fitted doesn't match the others...

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Ian

Hi Ian....welcome to the Forum

I'm guessing you would spot this sort of thing a mile off and it would anger the hell out of me if I thought someone was upgrading their car with better condition parts robbed from your car.

However, deep breath here...are you sure it was there that the switch could have been made or could it have occurred anywhere else? 

I would imagine the best bet would be to remove your wheels and check it over to see what casting marks are there and then prepare to do battle if necessary.

Keep us updated with progress on this situation.

Cheers,  Trevor

Hi, thanks for coming back to me.

I'm convinced the swap has happened there as I bought the car from the dealer 18 months ago as a ex demonstrator and, with the exception of having two new tyres fitted on the front by Event Tyres (who are always excellent and who I have used for years), the car has never been anywhere else.   Thanks for the suggestion and I will be checking the casting marks tonight and hopefully that'll throw something up.

Anyway, the dealership has a number of branches and franchises, however remains family owned and run.  A swift check on "LinkedIn" and I tracked down a director and I have exchanged details with him this afternoon.  

I'll let you know what happens.

Ian

• Like 1

is the missing wheel by any chance one of the front where you had two tyres replaced as this would easily be noticed as when you replace two tyres you tend to get the same make and tread of tyre put on?

Welcome to the forum Ian :) youll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

sorry to hear your having issues. As Trevor said the best thing to do is check the casting marks.

The question we have to ask ourselves is why would they change a wheel and not want you to know? I know that sounds like an obvious question but when you have the wheel off, check for any damage to the underside of the car and see if any parts look cleaner than they should be.

When I drove through a puddle once which was a massive potholed it scratched and scored the underside of the car. You could see it was fresh but the marks on the underside. Probably worth if you have look under the car too. 

Hope iv helped

cheers

steve 

• Like 1