My Key is broken! help!

Brad-B5

Hi all

Right my key its self is fine but its broken off my key fob, I've been using like this since Saturday but today I struggled to start the car as the immobilizer kicked in, would it defo be the key causing it?

It turned on then shut off (immobilizer) then again then worked again.

Hoping it's the key causing it and not another issue :( 

Many thanks

Bradley

8 minutes ago, Brad-B5 said:

Hi all

Right my key its self is fine but its broken off my key fob, I've been using like this since Saturday but today I struggled to start the car as the immobilizer kicked in, would it defo be the key causing it?

It turned on then shut off (immobilizer) then again then worked again.

Hoping it's the key causing it and not another issue :( 

Many thanks

Bradley

Oh dear! Not good Bradley! I would say it's the key causing it to not start properly to be honest 

not 100% sure but if car thought something was wrong with the key it would not start at all, is this a one off and does it start ok now, what are you using to start the car a pair of pillars holding the key or something

Hi Guys

Well, The car started fine the third time round, car runs fine, I've been using apart of the keyfob that holds the key to start it, seems abit damaged now really, need a new keyfob but it's so much money!, I noticed that It had over boosted once a couple of days ago and that its really, I need a new gearbox anyway, not sure, would need a diag otherwise, I will find out how it goes when I finish work :s 

Thanks

Bradley

The key fob will need to be on the end of the key for the immobiliser chip to be read by the aerial / immobiliser ring mounted on the ignition barrel, if not it won't be able to read the chip

26 minutes ago, niedzial1983 said:

You can buy key housing only and swap the key and electronics inside 

3 minutes ago, Trevor said:

The key fob will need to be on the end of the key for the immobiliser chip to be read by the aerial / immobiliser ring mounted on the ignition barrel, if not it won't be able to read the chip

Hi Guys, thank's for the information! :) I have bought a new keyfob and I shall move the insides of the old keyfob to the new one,(easy to do? never done it before) the will get the key cut :)

2 minutes ago, Brad-B5 said:

Hi Guys, thank's for the information! :) I have bought a new keyfob and I shall move the insides of the old keyfob to the new one,(easy to do? never done it before) the will get the key cut :)

• Thanks 1