New A6 2.0 Ultra S-Tronic Black Edition

arovbukay

Hello Yakub,

I think you will continue to get mixed answers by asking around. The bottom line is that any piece of engineered machinery will benefit longer term by being treated with respect during its initial useage, so why not break it in - which I think is what you would really like to hear. If it can be argued it is unnecessary, but will it do it any harm? My feeling us no, it will be beneficial. 

Personally, I would restrict the top gear speed to a maximum of 60mph for the first few hundred miles and gradually increase this until you reach 1000 miles. To me, it would be important to restrict the revs to below 3000 max., but equally important not to allow the car to labour at low revs. in too high a gear. Do some mixed driving as well, of course. 

Enjoy the car Yakub, and I'm sure it will treat you very well, since you certainly seem to be the respectful driver the car deserves. 

Can't miss the opportunity to say we break in horses in this part of the country, and run-in cars. No offence meant Yakub and thanks for bringing the smile! 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• Like 2

Thanks Gareth....no offence taken. We actually call it "running in" too, but most google searches ended up with people breaking them in :)

like you said, it won't do it any harm, though will be tempted to let is loose.