Collecting my A3 on Tuesday

Steve Rogers

I currently own a 2008 VW Golf 1.9 TDi in dark blue and it has been acting up lately. Loss of power in 5th at 70, dropping to 4th solved it. Then loss of power in 4th at 40, had to drop to 2nd. Been told it's most likely the Mass Airflow Sensor. I though sod it, I'm going car shopping.

I wanted something nice but cheap to run and I only do 8k miles per year now so I wanted petrol. So after a very impressive test drive, I have purchased a 13 reg A3 Sportback 1.2 TFSI (105 ps) SE in Shiraz red from Derby Audi.

Its done 39k and has shed loads of extras. Its a 6 speed manual which is very slick and it has the comfort pack with things like acoustic glass to shield you from outside noise. It is very nippy indeed which contradicts the engine size and power figures and is ridiculously smooth and quiet. Other features include the panoramic glass roof, hill hold assist and keyless entry and start. Love the screen that slides up out of the dashboard and I was very impressed by the interior and the real feeling of quality throughout.

Only £30 to tax for the year and I just wish my dad could have seen it (sadly passed away on the 14th). He had a 2012 A4 Avant SE Technik in black and loved Audi's full stop. Looking forward to Tuesday now...

3 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Sounds great! I'm assuming from the pics you bought it from a private seller. If so they should be able to show you all the features ;) 

Got it from Derby Audi and I get 2 free services with it and the usual approved used benefits. 

The salesman gave me a brief overview but I’ll get to grips with it. 

1 minute ago, Steve Rogers said:

Got it from Derby Audi and I get 2 free services with it and the usual approved used benefits. 

The salesman gave me a brief overview but I’ll get to grips with it. 

Nice one :) does look a lovely a3 :) 

Just think, only 6 days to go! But I bet your already on count down! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve Rogers said:

Already got it mate. Those photos are on my drive. I wondered what you meant when you said private sale lol 

Oops lol. Thought you were collecting it next Tuesday! Oops and yep that's why I asked about the private sale lol 

• Like 1

No worries. I’ve just ordered a full set of tailored rubber mats off eBay for £36. No way I was going to pay Audi’s price of £82! These are good quality anyway and I prefer rubber mats during autumn and winter so I’ll store the carpet mats until spring. 

I’ll keep an eye on the long range forecast for winter too. Considering investing in winter tyres which I’ve had on previous cars but we’ve had a run of mild winters lately which I hate. 

Not bad! Believe it or not my a6 is still running with the original runner mats expect the drivers one  Asit wore through but that's to be expected after 328k lol. I have halford's rubber mats for the drivers side and for my other car and they're great! The ones o got  Were the £25 ones