P0013-1B help

Patrico777

Hi, had my cambelt changed at Audi last week thursday next day on way to work my glow plug plug light started to flash and car went to limp mode, like if turbo wasnt working, plugged my OBD reader result are underneath have a look what it could be ?

my car is audi a3 tdi 11 plate

4C6BD6C2-C961-44B6-8D73-FFD0EFD157DB.png

3 minutes ago, niedzial1983 said:

Go back where you had the cambelt fitted, looks like they messed someting up

Already been back this is what they gived me doing research now look like they did not fit cambelt properly!

595E00E0-9A80-4ACC-91AA-DEA328F7695E.jpeg

Just now, Patrico777 said:

Im going to call tomorrow morning and complain! How come their computer doesnt pick up the belt fault ?

This may be because the fault occurred after a 100 miles after it was fitted if that makes sense? 

Obviously the garage wouldn't have road tested too far.  Hence why it probably didn't show up. 

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

This may be because the fault occurred after a 100 miles after it was fitted if that makes sense? 

Obviously the garage wouldn't have road tested too far.  Hence why it probably didn't show up. 

No I had my cambelt change on thursday last week went home all good friday went to work my glow plug light flashing car in limp mode plugged it in showed that as in picture called audi went to see them monday yestrday morning,he said all good cleared code if come back its EGR valve? Btw the glow plug light comes and goes strange

7 hours ago, Patrico777 said:

No I had my cambelt change on thursday last week went home all good friday went to work my glow plug light flashing car in limp mode plugged it in showed that as in picture called audi went to see them monday yestrday morning,he said all good cleared code if come back its EGR valve? Btw the glow plug light comes and goes strange

Hmm well if it's egr/egr cooler that's failed i doubt Audi will want to say it's anything to do with the cambelt change and will want to replace it at a tune of approximately £1200 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Hmm well if it's egr/egr cooler that's failed i doubt Audi will want to say it's anything to do with the cambelt change and will want to replace it at a tune of approximately £1200 

What the cambelt ? Nah they havent said anything about that only egr code error first it should be ok then I went home and light came back on called up they said its egr going to call them and complain cambelt is not done properly

1 minute ago, Patrico777 said:

Yes was done at Audi £649

Ask them if they updated the emissions fix on your car. There is lots of reports that they do it without asking you and ppl have issues after 

https://www.hypermiler.co.uk/dieselgate/is-the-vw-seat-audi-and-skoda-dieselgate-emissions-fix-causing-egr-valve-to-fail

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, niedzial1983 said:

Ask them if they updated the emissions fix on your car. There is lots of reports that they do it without asking you and ppl have issues after 

https://www.hypermiler.co.uk/dieselgate/is-the-vw-seat-audi-and-skoda-dieselgate-emissions-fix-causing-egr-valve-to-fail

Yes recall was done on the car and in that case egr failed spoke  to audi emission team they gonna do it free of charge for me but that other problem bugging me now

1 hour ago, Patrico777 said:

Yes recall was done on the car and in that case egr failed spoke  to audi emission team they gonna do it free of charge for me but that other problem bugging me now

What other problem ?

..I'm getting a  little lost here Patrick.

"Why doesn't the computer pick up the belt fault..?"     What belt fault? 

I would take some convincing that this is anything to do with the cambelt work, but possibly everything to do with the emission recall work.

Simple but important question Patrick:- Did you know they were  going to carry out this recall work? 

It would be well worth reading the posts under Recalls near the top of the forum.

Are you saying Audi are going to rectify your current lights-up problem without charge? 

Kind regards,

Gareth

3 minutes ago, Magnet said:

..I'm getting a  little lost here Patrick.

"Why doesn't the computer pick up the belt fault..?"     What belt fault? 

I would take some convincing that this is anything to do with the cambelt work, but possibly everything to do with the emission recall work.

Simple but important question Patrick:- Did you know they were  going to carry out this recall work? 

It would be well worth reading the posts under Recalls near the top of the forum.

Are you saying Audi are going to rectify your current lights-up problem without charge? 

Kind regards,

Gareth

Ok let me explain my obd computer shows 2 error code picture below one is exhaust etc that is egr and bottom one is something to do with cambelt ? Someone told me on forums, and on facebook forums as well, that timings out ? My car had recall done but before I bought it, spoke to emissions audi centre they going to change egr free of charge yes, called audi now regarding this code that my obd shows they said we only go by our computers here in Audi not by any others and they said glow plug light is fault of egr which im having done on tuesday

Thanks Patrick,

The whole situation is much clearer now, and it foes demonstrate the importance of listing the detail and sequence of events. Still we are getting there now.

Yes, understandable Audi will not accept any fault code readings other than those carried out at their dealers. Good and correct.

So if it turns out this car has EGR (etc.) issues then Audi are going to carry out this work free of charge then?

Almost unbelievably joyous news to the ears of others who have suffered after these recalls!

Where we potentially fall down on detail again is - did you buy this car from an Audi dealership? If so, is it possible that their offer to pay to rectify the fault is as part of the guarantee for the car, and not as a result of any problems arising following the recall work being carried out? 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

59 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Thanks Patrick,

The whole situation is much clearer now, and it foes demonstrate the importance of listing the detail and sequence of events. Still we are getting there now.

Yes, understandable Audi will not accept any fault code readings other than those carried out at their dealers. Good and correct.

So if it turns out this car has EGR (etc.) issues then Audi are going to carry out this work free of charge then?

Almost unbelievably joyous news to the ears of others who have suffered after these recalls!

Where we potentially fall down on detail again is - did you buy this car from an Audi dealership? If so, is it possible that their offer to pay to rectify the fault is as part of the guarantee for the car, and not as a result of any problems arising following the recall work being carried out? 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

No I have bought the car from showroom in sussex I have 3 months warranty from them still, yes the egr going to be changed free of charge, spoke to audi emissions and they made claim for me with refrence, I hope everything is ok with cambelt and hope my reading are wrong regarding p0013-1b