LED DRL fitting

jonesy1974a6

Hi there,

I've a 2005 2.7 Sline A6 avant manual.

I've purchased these LED DRLs

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-Daytime-Running-Lights-Lamp-For-Audi-A6-A6L-C6-Car-Fog-DRL-2006-2007-2008/282638911699?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160727114228%26meid%3D31d156c915fa4ee08747d21d56cc77a1%26pid%3D100290%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D4%26mehot%3Dlo%26sd%3D262942548430&_trksid=p2060778.c100290.m3507

The instructions says just connect them to the battery terminal.

Of course they illuminate, but they don't then switch off.

There are the other connectors. Do they simply swap out for the factory fitted lights. (I've not had the bumper off yet.)

I'm wondering if anyone has fitted something similar and knows how best to wire them in so they come on with/instead of the DRLs.

Thanks,

Jonesy

IMG_20171003_174255.jpg

Hi Jonesy, 

I've not had any experience with drl myself butI I've found these videos on YouTube which may help 

Or this video from the UK....

Hopefully other members might be able to offer some more advice :) 

Cheers

Steve 

Right ... firstly audi a6 c6 does not like led...ive been resarching this subject for 3 years... if you dont have good resistors/canelers it will show errors on the dash and hyperflash even when the car is off as the system is checking reguraly for faulty bulbs . 

Have you got halogen or xenon headlights ?

Idealy you want to connect them to the original drl in the headlights so it operates correctly.

You could also wire them in to the fog lights and using vcss code fog as drl ( but you will lose fogs) 

Last option is to wire them to the sidelights 

But biggest pain is the error and hyperflash  

• Like 1

Thanks chaps

Steve,

I just wondered if anyone had plumbed in the same unit. Unfortunately I need to plumb it into the DRLs, and wondered what best practice is to save botching it :-)

Niadzial,

It has Xenons. But the DRLs are regular bulbs.

Hi Niedzial,

They have one of those built in which they both pass through

so I think I may just have to plump into one of the lights. It's not a universal LED so it should plumb in  fairly easily.

You can just about see the corner of the box in the bottom of the image.

Do you know if the DRLs have different colour  wires and if so which is positive and which is negative?

image.png.54cab4f887e523eb455747ad81c62224.png