Rs4 style alloy-what a mission!

Adeelio

I have attached rs4 style alloy wheels on my car, but one if them cracked, so need just one, and struggling to find one, either new or used (eBay, gumtree) won't sell singles or the ones that do are badly damaged!

Anyone got any ideas where / what I can try?

Tried some breakers but same again won't sell singles and the ones that I have seen that will are badly damaged! I don't mind slight marks but not hard core kerbings!

Hello Adeel,

Have you tried any of the on-line scrap yard search facilities? Partsfinder is one -I think- and no doubt there are more. 

Just register what it is you want, and any yards which have the part will reply to you.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• Like 1

Hi Adeel 

Do your wheels not have a manufacturer or number on them? I appreciate that they are RS4 style wheels so the manufacturer maybe a bit vague. 

But if there is a part number might be worth putting that in a search with the word wheel on Google. It's a long shot but you never know. I speak from experience with this as i got given a steering wheel boss a few years ago. I put in the part number and the word wheel or wheel boss and it came up. It was still available from the original supplier. 

In failing that I use a breakers yard called hm spares in Leicester. I appreciate they are far way from you but might be worth giving them a call. They are a decent bunch :) unsure if they post though. 

Hope IV helped :) 

Cheers

Steve 

Well that's one option Piotr, but I would first be asking myself why this wheel cracked in the first place, and it is possible - just possible that the answer lies in .... RS4 STYLE wheels ... and the quality might be dubious. 

Would I run a car on a crack-repaired wheel - without the benefit of assessing the quality of the weld repair?? No prizes for guessing the answer. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Thanks all for your messages, I will get the manufacturers code and see if no get anywhere with that.

The welding option I'm not too keen on, as we have zillions of potholes in the area I live in so probably higher risk of that crack appearing again.

Last option now is to get one of the bad quality ones from the scrapyard that has one and get that refurbed!