A6 Allroad Newbee

Allrogue

Any luck Phill, did you try asking the questions here with current owners? Even though there is no existing thread regarding your topics of inquiry there may well be Folk on here with relevant  experience. Most Forum threads are started by a question.  

Below is a link to a thread you probably have found of a site I have found useful previously. Good luck with your search.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyres_For/Audi/A6-Allroad-3.0-TDI.htm

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Allrogue said:

Hi All

Thanks for the welcome. 

Speak to you all again soon, I'm off to find a forum related to lower door trim refurb and tyre choices.

Phill

Hi phil 

Is your trim silver or same as the car  ?

As far as i know the trim is painted plastic. So either needs to re sprayed or wrapped . Its held by 2 screws and it clipps off sliding to the back . 

1 hour ago, Envy said:

Any luck Phill, did you try asking the questions here with current owners? Even though there is no existing thread regarding your topics of inquiry there may well be Folk on here with relevant  experience. Most Forum threads are started by a question.  

Below is a link to a thread you probably have found of a site I have found useful previously. Good luck with your search.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyres_For/Audi/A6-Allroad-3.0-TDI.htm

Hi Envy

Great suggestion, I've used tyrereviews.co.uk for most cars i've owned and had great experiences with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymemetric 2 on a V70 d5 that I had a few years ago. 

Cheers

Phill

50 minutes ago, niedzial1983 said:

Hi phil 

Is your trim silver or same as the car  ?

As far as i know the trim is painted plastic. So either needs to re sprayed or wrapped . Its held by 2 screws and it clipps off sliding to the back . 

Hi Niedzial

The trim is brushed silver, it's had some surface scuffs and it looks like the previous owner tried to scour them out. I know a metalwork company that can do anodising but didn't know what other owners had done.

I'll start a thread to see what other options have been tried.

Cheers

Phill

On 10/10/2017 at 9:35 PM, Steve Q said:

Sorry you're not.happy with.the forum Phil. 

Steve Q

Apologies for any confusion/offence, I used the wrong terminology, I meant a thread not a separate forum.

It been a few years since I've used forums, the response I received for both my queries was very helpful.

Phill

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Allrogue said:

Steve Q

Apologies for any confusion/offence, I used the wrong terminology, I meant a thread not a separate forum.

It been a few years since I've used forums, the response I received for both my queries was very helpful.

Phill

Not a problem Phill :) 

Glad we are helping with your questions :) 

We strive to have e a friendly and helpful atmosphere on here :)