Insurance differences

hi folks, just thought I'd share my insurance renewal experience so far!!! Had the car 4 months so not insred for a full year yet.

I'm sure everyone has a story to tell but this is mine so far.

I am currently with Saga who will not quote more than 30 days from policy end; the rest I just lied about the renewal date but the figures are correct.

One of the quotes was for over £1000 but I was laughing so much I forgot to note which company

Has anyone got any recommendations or am I on a good dea for a 70 year old?

CAR INSURANCE        

Ins. Company Excess total Hire car Annual Cost VIA
Lancaster 350 yes 198 go compare
Fluxdirect 350 yes 232 compare the market
Saga check 14th November     Saga direct
Right choice 350 yes 250 quote.money.co.uk
Saga 250 yes 263 compare the market
Confused.com 250 yes 269 direct
Privilige 350 yes 286 confused.com
Aviva 350 yes 405 CRAP
Quotemehappy     500.43 bit more CRAP
Admiral     655 lots more CRAP

all good advice but I am amazed at the difference for "alegedly" the same service.

I've used Saga on & off for many tears & usually find they will, if not match, get close to most others & the Saga service is always brilliant in times of need (not for a few years now  thankfully:yes:)

• Like 1

Hi, have you tried us for insurance yet? Flux Direct is not run directly by Adrian Flux (it is run by our sister company HIC under license), and does not use the same ratings. Because of the wider range of schemes, as well as the cheaper rates we have access to, you will almost always get a cheaper quote by ringing Adrian Flux.

Over 75% of our customers find they receive a more competitive quotation by calling in as we can discuss options and make small changes to decrease the premium.

If you wanted to drop me a PM I'd be happy to arrange a quotation for you.

Kind Regards
Dan

thanks very much for the advice Dan, I will do after the 14th (30 days from renewal)

Are you the same chap who advises on the MX5OC forum?

will PM later if you can tell me how; there is no pm button that I can see 

Hi again Joe,

No problem and yes I also post on the MX-5 Owners Club forum - they are also a key club for Flux. 

You should be able to message me by clicking through the envelope at the top of the page which should hold all your messages / notifications?

Thanks again.

Dan

that is intersting, I have used dashcams on my cars for some years. never needed the evidence of a bang yet but better safe than broke :yes: