Simply Audi - new event for 2018! Chat thread

Steve Q

2 minutes ago, Paul A6 said:

i`m going to have to meet you guys there as i`m coming via Romsey so not hitting the m27 services but it no big deal

Truthfully I've not checked that I am. But I'll detour ;) 

9 minutes ago, Paul A6 said:

the (cough) Hotel you looked at means a double back on yourself just to come back lol

Lol how much coming back are we talking back? 

2 minutes ago, fast edd said:

Hi Steve , 07:15-07:30 sounds spot on if everyone's ok with that. Maybe time for that all important coffee to wake up :w00t:

Sounds good to me Edd! :) 

12 hours ago, Paul A6 said:

42 mile round trip lol i`m only coming 35 miles lol

Oops! I revised trip plan for me is required lol. Or I'll look at meeting points nearer the venue :) 

4 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Oops! I revised trip plan for me is required lol. Or I'll look at meeting points nearer the venue :) 

how about the guys from the m27 meet us at Dibden Inclosure its on the road just outside of the motor musuem

Untitled.jpg

Hi all

Just to catch up

Are some of us going to meet at Rowhams services westbound and then onto Dibden Inclosure? 

It is about a 20 minute drive, leave the M27 at junction 2 and straight down the Hythe bypass road for about 8 miles, at the 7th roundabout turn right into the new forest.

I am happy to meet at Rowhams.

Edd, it is a bit out of your way m8 as you will need to go to Southampton Airport to turn round, Rownhams westbound is best for those coming from the east or north.

Any thoughts?

2 hours ago, Southampton Graham said:

All

https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/news/worlds-fastest-tractor-joins-world-top-gear-beaulieu/

The top gear track-tor will be at beaulieu as it has just joined the other vehicles in the top gear section

Yea I saw that on the website this evening :) 

I've now booked my hotel as my brother and I are traveling down the night before. It's a 3 hour drive for us. 

5 hours ago, Paul A6 said:

Dont make me laugh :whistling1:

Trust me Paul I looked at all options and thought I'd play it safe! Believe me I looked at alot of places on the web. It's in nursling on the outskirts of Southampton my thinking being if I did have a fault I could hopefully find a garage to sort me out. 

21 hours ago, Sam-Yvonne said:

We wish be on club stand. Sam Yvonne  with our A5 s-line black edition 3.0 tdi quattro. We at 07790988174 also  or email us please.

You're more than welcome to display your a5 with us :) just meet us at either of the meeting points :) 

Cheers

Steve

Hi All, Just been looking over all the info for meeting up next weekend including meet up locations prior to going to Beaulieu! Just though I'd colate all the info in one place and add some sudestions for timings and point out some info from the Beaulieu website. 

Points to note from the website: Beaulieu - Simply-Audi

VEHICLE ENTRY
Entry with your Audi is from 9.00am – the Brabazon Restaurant will be open for bacon rolls, cakes, teas and coffee.

Please note cars cannot leave and re-enter the grounds for the Simply Rally without a further fee being paid to cover the occupants.

COMING WITH FRIENDS
If you wish to park up alongside your friends, you must all arrive together with individual e-tickets as we are unable to reserve adjacent spaces for later arrivals.

Only 1 e-ticket is produced per order, if you are being joined by friends in separate vehicles, please ensure you make separate orders.

Meet up locations and timings:

Taking into account travelling times between the two meet up locations Rownhams services (West bound) or Dibden Inclosure and the potential for plenty of traffic in and around the surrounding area I think a good plan would be as follows:

1) If meeting up at Rownhams services - 07:00 for some breaky and leave for Dibden Inclosure @ 07:45.
2) Steve Q, Could you suggest a meet up time for anyone meeting you there?
3) Us guys meeting at Rownhams will likely get to Dibden Inclosure @ around 08:15.  (20-30 min to do 9 miles!)
4) All of us leave together for Beaulieu @ 08:40. (only 3 miles away)

Anyone any further thoughts on any of the above?

For Sat Nav:

Rownhams Motorway Services - SO16 8AP
Dibden Inclosure - SO42 7YR
Beaulieu Motor Museum - SO42 7ZN

Rob , thank you for this very comprehensive list . I think timings are pretty much spot on, unless anyone else can see anything that could hinder this. I will see you at Rowhams at 07:00. Cheers all.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fast edd said:

unless anyone else can see anything that could hinder this

i have a slight issue, its 7 days away and my car is still in the bodyshop :whistling1: they have had my car 8 days and its only just gone to spray shop this is going to be a tight one for me

other than that Rob`s schedule is spot on :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, Paul A6 said:

i have a slight issue, its 7 days away and my car is still in the bodyshop :whistling1: they have had my car 8 days and its only just gone to spray shop this is going to be a tight one for me

other than that Rob`s schedule is spot on :thumbsup:

If your cars not ready do you want picking up when I'm on my way through? It won't be a problem :)

20 minutes ago, Paul A6 said:

its a bit of a detour for you m8

No that would be fine it's only 30 min drive it'll be no problem if your cars not ready :)