Non starter Everything locked up.

sophie

My Audi A6 2006 model will not start,  the steering wheel is locked, no lights on the dashboard and the electric parking break won't release. The main lights are very dim , the radio works and the gear stick moves freely.  I have tried spare key but still nothing happens when key is in the ignition.  I have been informed by a local garage that it could be the steering column, I am enquiring to see if any one else has had this problem and what you have done about it.

Hello Sophie,

Sorry to hear of your problems. Apologies for stating the obvious if it has been an already checked port of call, but have you had the battery checked. The battery must be first charged overnight and then tested. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Hi Gareth , 

Thank you for your advice, the RAC patrolman checked the battery when he came out to me and it was all good. I have also had the local garage look at the ignition switch and that was fine too. 

Many thanks 

• 3 months later...

Hi. Sorry to hear about your issue. I'm having the exact same problem. I've removed my column and am going to phone a company called bba reman today. They do work on these. I will let you know my route in a cpl days .