Mysterious switches

Azas

Hi everybody, recently bought audi a6 2007 3.0Tdi quattro and so far really like the car. What confused me that there are 2 switches near hazard button that are not in the manual. And I don't see any changes after I switch them on or off. Any ideas what they are for?

IMG_20180110_195500_01.jpg

Previous owner add-ons for multimedia purposes maybe? Mine had digital radio capabilities fitted by the previous owner and a switch put in for that. The switch for it was put in the glove box though.

Definitely not original fit. Could be for additional lighting that may once have been fitted by a previous owner. Or for something more naughty like cheat devises to jam the beam for speed cameras or for a road angle iron something similar. 

I'd have a look under the dash or under the bumper to see if there is anything that looks unusual.

Your other option is to contact the previous owner or owners. I think.if you find the a6 was a company owned vehicle at some point then I think this could explain alot.  

Cheers

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, just an idea. My A6 3.0t Avant Quattro was originally bought by the police as an undercover surveillance car in London. It has a couple of gaps for extra wires and a sunroof fitted outside but no sunroof interior trim. This was where several antennas were fitted and I guess it was easier to fit a sunroof then fill the holes. Stay safe matey

I hope my car was not a police car or something similar. And the mileage I believe is too low for it being a police car, unless it was clocked back. I did get in touch with the dealership and they told me that they will ask the previous owner and let me know. So I will keep you informed guys

I would doubt it's been a police car. You'd have extra holes in the roof for the antenna (or evidence of this) if it were. 

My guess is still on so we form of company car. Where they've had extra lights etc fitted. Ie for building sites etc. 

Cheers

Steve