Q7 main beam not working?

Q7Dan2017
聽Share

Hi,

Hoping some one can help!聽the main beam on my Q7 2007 won't come on, I have tried fuses, tested the bulbs all fine so far as I can see? I have even taken the steering wheel off and steering column to replace the indicator stalk as saw on the net the relay and main power source goes through the indicator switch, which I think may be incorrect as it had no effect? Is there another relay? Has anyone had the same problem? Any help would be great full 馃槉

Only thing I can think of is earth points nearest to the lamps聽

Otherwise, I don't suppose it has anything to do with headlamp/suspension levelling and if that's not correct then it won't operate the main beams?

I hadn't thought of the earthing, will have to look it up where the nearest one is to the lights.

To answer your question Gareth, when you operate the flasher the low beam flashes fine but the main beam does nothing either way?

Regards

Dan

• 1 month later...

Just thought I would share, I managed to sort my Headlights out! After checking fuses, relays, indicator stalk, Headlights and plugging into diagnostic machine! In the end found the person before me who owned the car either played around or had an issue with the (On Board power supply unit module) made a hash job of trying to fix it! So had to buy a new module making sure it had the same serial number, replaced the 10 pin plug that they mangled trying to fix or do something they shouldn't! Then getting a family friend to plug in diagnostics machine and program the unit to know what lights and car it was in and WHEY! It works I have lights!

Moral of the story is if you don't know what you are doing with cars seek professional help!

• Like 2