My 2006 3.0tdi quattro sline lemans :)

niedzial1983

Another mod that i wanted to do for some time was grill swap for honeycombe 

Here is the link 

Ive used this video as a guide how to take off the bumper . Then swaping the grill was easy enough as its held by few screws

And at the end i got a quattro badge from ebay 

Screenshot_20171020-154453.png

I have spent over an hour on google trying to locate the location of the module that allows me to sort the mmi display for parking and can not find where its located, may be i just dont have that module on my car   

34 minutes ago, Paul A6 said:

I have spent over an hour on google trying to locate the location of the module that allows me to sort the mmi display for parking and can not find where its located, may be i just dont have that module on my car   

If you have rear or rear+front pdc then the module is there. Best way to check is via vcds

Another job i had to do is replace the light switch as it wasnt working sometimes. Ive opted out for a facelifted version and manage to get it from aliexpress for £7 :) it was plug&play. It pops out using a long tool, screwdriver inserted from the side opening for fusebox . Unplug the old one and plug in new 

20171020_160426.jpg

20171020_160900.jpg

At the end just a quick scan and clear the fault 

Screenshot_20171020-180219.png

10 minutes ago, niedzial1983 said:

If you have rear or rear+front pdc then the module is there. Best way to check is via vcds

i have rear parking sensors so just need to find someone close who has vcds, may try a local garage and see if they will do it

Next mod is to sort out these 2 jet windscreen washers . Not sure how everyone thinks but mine are bad :(i took mine out and cleaned them but still not very good . Im picking bits this week so will post how .stay tuned !!!

1 hour ago, niedzial1983 said:

Next mod is to sort out these 2 jet windscreen washers . Not sure how everyone thinks but mine are bad :(i took mine out and cleaned them but still not very good . Im picking bits this week so will post how .stay tuned !!!

mine are the same just not enough power behind them

Next mod 2jet windscreen washers swap for spray jets 

Parts required 

First you need spray jets (wv part)
5M0 955 986 (heated) 
5M0 955 985 (not heated ) 

Then adaptors 8E0 955 431(from audi)

To take the old ones out you simply lift the bonnet up. Unclip the old ones carefuly not to brake off the hoses and heating connection 

This the diffrence of how they look . Now on top 

20171025_174550.jpg

To make sure new spray jets aim at the windscreen you need to get the opening bigger. There is an adjuster screw next to the spray but it dosent go up enough. So i have filled away about 3mm so it looks like this

Screenshot_20171025-185151.png

Next are the addapters. Old 2 jets are bigger . So adapters are fitted first and then new sprsy jets 

images.jpg

20171025_172602.jpg

Then its connect the hose and electical connectors , push in the spray jet . 

Test and set up the spray and done 

Spray jets costed me £11 on eBay auction and adapters i got from local audi parts £2.80

Here how its look like. Massive improvment 

Next job to tacle was satnav on my mmi2g high . Mine wasnt working as the dvd unit failed. Bought one on eBay and it was simple swap . I took the bracket out in the left hand side of the boot out, 4 screws . 

20171102_130955.jpg

Unplugged power fiber and gps antena cable . Unit is held by 2 clips on each side same as a standard stereo. Popped new one in and done. 

20171102_131003.jpg

Also i got new 2017 maps from eBay (2 dvds west and east europe ). Pop in the dvd and instalation process will start automaticly . At the end it will ask you to press return button for reset

20171102_131710.jpg

Important when buying maps for mmi2g high is to make sure you buy maps with TMC for live traffic updates  

20171102_132500.jpg

A while back i did a mmi2g high soft upgrade that is nessesary for the new maps to work. If anyone needs help with this please ask :) 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hey mate ive got the same exact car as you except its an 2007 plate, you know where i can find how to remove the turbo/actuator off these cars?