Newbie with A4 Question

MartinMac
聽Share

Hi, just joined the group and looking forward to getting involved, my first question:

I'm looking to buy a 2014/5 A4 Avant 2.0d Black Edition Auto (think I've found the car!) and having ever so slight OCDish I like things symmetrical (I could not buy an Alfa, that number plate!!) So the one (twin) exhaust outlet haunts me!! 馃槺 I've done some research and have found a conversion to 2 outlets RS4 in style.

Wondered if anyone has any knowledge of these conversions I'm sure it will fix my OCD nightmare but will it make a noise difference? are there other benefits or negatives on the conversion?

This is the one I'm looking at:

https://clptuning.co.uk/product/milltek-dual-exit-exhaust-with-valance-audi-a4-b8-2-0tdi-s-line/

Thanks all appreciate any and all comments!

Also, any thoughts on going for TFSI engine, as this will obviously give me the twin exhausts, difference between this and TDi engine, performance, sound, servicing etc?

Welcome to the forum Martin, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :)聽

The exhaust will definitely have a better exhaust note and could increase bhp very slightly. If you were to combine the exhaust with a remap then you'd get better results. Ive heard Milltek are a good brand but can't say I've used their products myself.聽

In terms of engines your best deciding which fuel suits you. Obviously if your doing 5-10 miles a day then diesel is no good so petrol would be better. But if you were doing 24+k miles a year then diesel would be the way to go.聽

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve

Thanks for the reply, I do 20k+ miles a year so diesel it is! Along with the exhaust conversation of course.

Look forward to posting the photos and a review once it's all done!聽

Martin

You're welcome, sorry your touch hasn't been responded too earlier.聽

Diesel definitely sounds more suitable to be honest.聽

Yea, keep us posted :) I'd love to see pictures if the exhaust system fitted :)聽

Cheers

Steve