Rear door faults

bigalni

I have a 2010 A3 sportback 5 door.For some time my rear right door lock has been playing up.It wont unlock with the fob but will do so using the interior handle.It will relock ok with the fob.

The rear left door started acting up the same but now will neither lock nor unlock with fob and wont open using the interior handle.Anyone any ideas?  Ive tried lubricating the locks but doesn't help.

Hi Alan, 

This could be caused by a number of things. However when I had a similar issue with my a6 it was caused by the drivers door locking mechanism. According to the auto electrician which fixed my fault he said that on some Audi models the central locking system.is controlled by the drivers door mechanism and when this starts to fail it can cause faults with all the other doors. It cost me £120 to fix my faulty mechanism. 

Infailing that, it could be the central locking module. But to be sure a diagnostic check could help find the fault or an auto electrician as I used. 

Cheers

Steve

• Like 1