Dart charge

WPAWS

got a letter today from Dart Charge saying i been fined for using dartford - thurrock crossing on 06/04/2018 @ 11.08 that is strange because i`ve never been there and was working at the time.

also my car has been off the road since 31/03/2018

31/03/18 09:44    We have received instructions relating to your vehicle DL57DGO If you have any questions during your repair please contact us

20180418_140456.jpg

31 minutes ago, Paul A6 said:

got a letter today from Dart Charge saying i been fined for using dartford - thurrock crossing on 06/04/2018 @ 11.08 that is strange because i`ve never been there and was working at the time.

also my car has been off the road since 31/03/2018

31/03/18 09:44    We have received instructions relating to your vehicle DL57DGO If you have any questions during your repair please contact us

20180418_140456.jpg

Is that your car in the pictures?

Who is your car in for repair with?

Do you have any other proof that is cannot be your car in the picture or that it way you or one of yours that was driving at the time?

ANPR is ANPR - someone cloned your plate - a few possibilities, last one is sleep driving but that is not very plausible...

not sure if its an A6 but plate is mine, i`m thinking clone plates also my A6 does not have a toebar fitted

i`m the only driver in the family so no one has access to it

car is at NCR Bodyshops Limited - Newbury

Looks like a case of cloned plates. Has the garage got CCTV to prove your car was there? Or the garage will have to give a statement. 

Can you prove you were at work as well as that will help. 

Cheers

Steve

11 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Looks like a case of cloned plates. Has the garage got CCTV to prove your car was there? Or the garage will have to give a statement. 

Can you prove you were at work as well as that will help. 

Cheers

Steve

it`s all covered m8

20 hours ago, Paul A6 said:

this is from the body shop to say insurance company have given details to start work on my car.

when it happened @ 11.08 i was at work and picked up a clients dog @ 11.45 and she was home and can confirm i was there @11.45 say i cant be in 2 places at the same time

Police have also been imformed

• 3 weeks later...

the saga continues..................

get a call from my insurance company today to say they have just received a call from the police to say my car has been recovered from the accident it was involved in this morning.

hence to say my car is fine and still parked on my drive as i been at work lol

Esure are investigating and will let me know what has happened and where this accident happened after explaining its not my car involved   

25 minutes ago, Paul A6 said:

the saga continues..................

get a call from my insurance company today to say they have just received a call from the police to say my car has been recovered from the accident it was involved in this morning.

hence to say my car is fine and still parked on my drive as i been at work lol

Esure are investigating and will let me know what has happened and where this accident happened after explaining its not my car involved   

Well that adds as good proof that your plates were cloned for the dart charge letter! 

The police should be going off the VIN and I suspect the car in question is either stolen or the owner is trying to play the system. 

got a reply back from the Dart Charge and i dont believe it they have rejected my claims that i was not in dartford at the time of offence 

This is what i send them what more prove do they want lol

"

I would like to dispute this fine.

I was never in Dartford on the day or time stated nor does my car have a towbar fitted

My car has been off the road since 31/03/2018 due to bumper damage and is now in the body repair shop.

At the time stated i was at work so can not be in 2 places at the same time and only i have access to my car

I believe my licence plate has been cloned and i have informed the police

Kind regards

Paul Taylor

Unfortunately Paul you'll need to send them actual evidence of you at work ie invoices, paperwork, witness statement from colleague or manager?, Cctv. As well as a statement from the garage to testify the car was there. Plus I'd like to think they'd have CCTV. 

I'd give them the police crime reference number. 

Unfortunately you are now guilty until proven innocent in the UK. It's safe the works has come to this, but our authorities trust no one. Yet they expect us to trust them! 

Cheers

Steve

one charge down one to go lol Elstree have stopped their prosecution after seeing pics of my Audi against the Audi they recovered 

email back from them.

Paul

Thank you for the photographs of your car.

Having reviewed them and the offending image I can see that this vehicle is cloned and has your vehicle registration number affixed to it.

As such, no further action will be taken in relation to the offence.

As discussed, the cloned vehicle is no longer on the road as it was recovered by Police.

If you require any further information please feel free to contact me on the above number.

Regards

Terry

i have attached this to the Dart charge fine so now its just a case of waiting for them to cancel the fine not sure what more evidence they would need 🙂

will not wish this on anyone the amount of calls and paperwork involved just to clear my car is a joke lol

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Paul A6 said:

one charge down one to go lol Elstree have stopped their prosecution after seeing pics of my Audi against the Audi they recovered 

email back from them.

Paul

Thank you for the photographs of your car.

Having reviewed them and the offending image I can see that this vehicle is cloned and has your vehicle registration number affixed to it.

As such, no further action will be taken in relation to the offence.

As discussed, the cloned vehicle is no longer on the road as it was recovered by Police.

If you require any further information please feel free to contact me on the above number.

Regards

Terry

i have attached this to the Dart charge fine so now its just a case of waiting for them to cancel the fine not sure what more evidence they would need 🙂

will not wish this on anyone the amount of calls and paperwork involved just to clear my car is a joke lol

Glad you're winning this battle Paul! The paperwork and calls is a nightmare when dealing with the authorities!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2018 at 2:37 PM, Paul A6 said:

final action against me has been dropped and cloned car is off the road 😀

Paul I am please this incident is now resolved.

It just proves how easily a car can be cloned and what the consequences can be! Luckily you could prove that you weren't in the area at the time.

Best regards
Chris  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

It never ends lol, got my insurance premium today for renewal was a bit shocked to find it has increased by more than £600 a 3rd party has made a claim against my policy for an accident the clone car was involved with...................... here we go again phone calls and emails 😞 

• Sad 1

It`s all sorted the police side of things Steve car was recovered by the police and verified was a clone car, its now Esure who want evidence for the 3rd party insurance company so they can close the claim its just a pain calling and you keep getting put on hold or passed to different departments within Esure only to go over everything again and again 

39 minutes ago, Jeeringtowser said:

Good news, at least progress is being made!

To be honest Chris i just want it over with now, been dragging on too long lol

2 minutes ago, Jeeringtowser said:

I don’t blame you for that!

Good luck with resolving the unfortunate matter.

Cheers m8 hopefully this is the last stage 🙂

I hope so too!

3 hours ago, Paul A6 said:

It`s all sorted the police side of things Steve car was recovered by the police and verified was a clone car, its now Esure who want evidence for the 3rd party insurance company so they can close the claim its just a pain calling and you keep getting put on hold or passed to different departments within Esure only to go over everything again and again