Female in distress 馃槸

Hi everyone, I hope you can help. I have recently bought my Audi and it is in need of some TCL so I am on the hunt for a passenger wing and door if possible in colour LZ5L. If anyone can help I would be very grateful. 馃榿

Welcome to the forums

Nice friendly atmosphere here with plenty of Audi owners to help where they can.

Please be sure to give the forum rules a quick view

Paul

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Welcome to the forum Karen, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :)聽

Cheers

Steve

Thank you for the nice welcome. I hope that someone may be able to help me with my quest to find some parts.

Karen

4 hours ago, Paul A6 said:

Welcome to the forums

Nice friendly atmosphere here with plenty of Audi owners to help where they can.

Please be sure to give the forum rules a quick view

Paul

Thanks Paul, I have read the rules and will certainly abide by them. Hopefully if I do anything wrong by mistake someone will let me know.聽 If anyone has any ideas or tips on where I could obtain the parts I need I would be very grateful.

Thanks again for the warm welcome. 馃槉

Hello Karen,

A couple of possible pointers for you (apologies if you have already been there):-

Try registering your 'wants' with the secondhand car parts search companies with which scrap yards, nationally, link into . Any holding the parts you want will then contact you. One is Partsgateway or Partsfinder (聽or similar) I think, but you will find more on a search.

Tried good old E.Bay?聽

I think you will have to expand your search to聽the correct panels in any colour. Obtaining the correct colour is likely to be very much of a long shot, and even if you do, you will inevitably find the panels will have storage marks and will need to be refinished anyway.

Good luck and kind regsrds,

Gareth.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Magnet said:

Hello Karen,

A couple of possible pointers for you (apologies if you have already been there):-

Try registering your 'wants' with the secondhand car parts search companies with which scrap yards, nationally, link into . Any holding the parts you want will then contact you. One is Partsgateway or Partsfinder (聽or similar) I think, but you will find more on a search.

Tried good old E.Bay?聽

I think you will have to expand your search to聽the correct panels in any colour. Obtaining the correct colour is likely to be very much of a long shot, and even if you do, you will inevitably find the panels will have storage marks and will need to be refinished anyway.

Good luck and kind regsrds,

Gareth.

Thanks for that Gareth, I hadn't tried those ones. I have tried a few others, as you say I am best to not state colour lol. I am just in negotiations with another chap who is selling his car which is for spares or repairs so hopefully this will solve my problem and I will gain so more parts 馃榿.

Really appreciate all the help.

Thanks Karen 馃榿

On 26/04/2018 at 1:19 PM, Kaz's A4 said:

Hi everyone, I hope you can help. I have recently bought my Audi and it is in need of some TCL so I am on the hunt for a passenger wing and door if possible in colour LZ5L. If anyone can help I would be very grateful. 馃榿

Does anyone know where I can find out what the part numbers are for the parts I need聽 please? I have found a few places I can buy a new wing but I'm not sure which is the correct one. Can any of you helpful members shed some light on this for me please. 馃榿

Hello Karen,

I think there is a danger of over complicating this. If you are buying secondhand, then I cannot really see a great advantage in part numbers for panels. Simply take photos of the parts聽on the聽聽good side and ask potential sellers to e-mail exchange photos with you for what they have.聽

If you really do want to have the part numbers then I would be ringing an Audi dealer,armed with the registration and VIN numbers,聽and asking for prices聽and part numbers.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Magnet said:

Hello Karen,

I think there is a danger of over complicating this. If you are buying secondhand, then I cannot really see a great advantage in part numbers for panels. Simply take photos of the parts聽on the聽聽good side and ask potential sellers to e-mail exchange photos with you for what they have.聽

If you really do want to have the part numbers then I would be ringing an Audi dealer,armed with the registration and VIN numbers,聽and asking for prices聽and part numbers.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Hi Gareth, as you say do it the simple way if photos etc. Have now found a wing now for the door.

Thanks for your help. (Again lol) 馃榿

• Like 1