Hola to All

Hope everyone is well nice looking Forum tabs and navigation seems clear enough respect to all the Admins and web peeps for the work in putting it together.

Been a member of other Forums was an dare I mention Alfa Romeo I had a couple of the 33s with the  flat four 16v engine good cars never had any major mechanical quick and handled well and I had an old 155 2.0 8 Valve not so quick but handled lovely was in black with black alloys and then things went downhill and I bought a Transit so I ended up in the Transit Forums enough said

I have had my Audi for some 5 years it is the 1999 B5 2.8 V6 30V Quattro Avant cream leather interior and 165K on the Clock no Mods.

Not in the best of conditions had a hard life before I had acquired it always a working project just had a Fresh Mot needed 2 Front Gaiters inner and outer 2 rear bushes hand brake on offside rear 4 tyres and a couple of bulbs job done till next year.

Have an on going issue with water getting into the passenger side of car I had all the plastic of front battery and battery tray out cleaned the drain hole now thinking the windscreen seal may be gone?

I never know how much fuel is in it the gauge flips from empty to half generally sit on empty with the fuel light on dash pinging at me every couple of miles then it pings and tells me there's a fault with a dim front lamp ping ping lol ping washer bottle is empty

The stereo has never worked can not see the display totally shot or at least it looks like that.

But despite everything wrong what makes it right it when you put that key in dip the clutch foot on brake turner over the engine do your checks give it a minute or two Clutch in select First whoosh your gone the ride is amazingly smooth glides along sometimes at quite an alarming pace even when not being heavy on throttle the steering is pin point accurate accompanied by the Quattro Road Glue.

Oh and its in Purple even though it says blue on log book......

Welcome to the forum Kevin, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

Thank you so much for your kind words about the forum :) we all work really hard but it wouldn't be the same without our great members :) 

Alfas are nice cars and the interiors look and feel nice. It's just a shame about the electrics! The DNA system in the newer ones is fun too :) 

The b5 is a nice car and it sounds nice in purple! Not a very common colour. 

If you've had the battery area checked and other parts of the bulkhead then yes it could be the windscreen if it's not been bonded in properly. Has the a4 got a sunroof by any chance? 

Does the radio come on and light up? A common issue with the radios from this era is that the pixels in the LCD screen fail hence why they don't work. I believe the radio can be fixed but you'd be better off sourcing a second hand unit from eBay or similar. And you'll need the radio code for any replacement radio.

Cheers

Steve

hey Kevin

Welcome to the clan

that's a good introduction to you & the car. sounds like an interesting relationship with it :yahoo:

happy motoring