AUDI DOORS WON'T OPEN! :(

Hi everyone,  I am in need of some help!

I have a audi a4 saloon B8.  This morning I have used the fob (as usual) to open the car, nothing happened.  My husband then tried to use his and nothing happened there either!  We then tried to use the mechanical key to manually open it.. NOTHING!  The boot doesn't open either.  

Has anyone else had this before!?!?!?!?!?

Welcome to the forum and Francesca, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂

i see you posted this 7 hours ago, did you get sorted? 

my first port of call would be to try the spare key as this will most likely indicate an issue with car rather than the key. 

I'm also wondering whether the battery could be flat. Are there any usual imobiliser lights flashing as normal which aren't flashing now? 

the last thing I'd advise is call your break down company. 

cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

I had to call the AA out in the end to break into it as there was no other way and my husband is now away.  We tried all keys and the manual one but nothing worked!  Turns out the fobs are both broken and it just so happens that the driver side door key slot is broke, hence why we were unable to open it manually.  The car also started first time so was not the battery either.

The fob keys are still not working but have been tested and both OK and have battery, think they may need re coding to the car, how do I do this?

Thank you

Francesca 

Glad you got into the car eventually Francesca, even if it wasn't the way you hoped! 

Glad it's not the battery etc and you'll need to get Audi to recode the keys for you. It also sounds like you need the drivers door lock and locking mechanism looked at.

Cheers

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

I seem to have a similar problem however it's the driver side passenger door the only one that doenst open i have to put the window down and open it from the inside once this is done then the car opens fine.. it just started quite randomly any suggestions ?