2009 A3 1.8 TFSI Sport - What should I be looking out for?

mackemforever

Alright everybody.

I'm looking at buying my first Audi next weekend. Unfortunately I'm on a pretty tight budget, buying second hand for about £5,000.

My requirements are basically for something that isn't too small, is fast enough to be fun when I want to enjoy it, and won't drink its way through petrol too fast on my daily commute.

As such I've settled on trying to find an Audi A3, with the 1.8 TFSI seeming like the best option.

Now there's a couple of them available near me, both for around the same price, both 2009 models and both with about 90,000 miles on them. I'm planning on going to have a look at both in the next few days.

Both cars apparently have a full service history all apparently main dealer servicing (although of course I haven't seen proof yet).

My question to you guys is simple. What kind of things should I be looking out for? Both with the car itself and with its service history? Are there any jobs I should be looking for in particular that have been completed?

Apologies if this is really quite a simple question but this will be the first car I've bought that isn't a total dog bought for about five hundred quid so I'm wanting to make sure I don't end up with a mare!

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum Alex, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂

with the age/mileage you're looking at make sure all electronic items work including ac etc. Here's a video that might help: 

cheers

Steve