Stamin1

Travelling with a 13 months old baby

Anyone went travelling overseas with a 13 coming 14 months old baby before? What did you have to bring like bath tub, sterilizer etc. And also how to cook porridge for my son when I bring him overseas? Appreciate advices out there, many thanks in advance.

Hi Joe....welcome to the Forum

Apparently (according to my wife) you don't need to sterilize anything as is now over 12 months old, the bath is always handy I suppose.

As for the porridge - pour boiling water into a jar with sugar and add oats, cover jar and leave for 20 minutes, stir and eat 

We have been travelling with my ds when he was like 6 months. By the time he was one, he takes the food in the hotel, just order food with special request like no msg, soy sauce etc for bb and most of the time the hotel will entertain for lunch and dinner. Breakfast my boy will take toast and cereals.

We also travel with bb snacks like biscuits and packet juices for him, bought bottled water for him.

Traveling with an infant is fun and great memories are guaranteed. However, there is another part of the coin. Another country means different food, weather condition and even air to which the baby isn’t used to. It’s quite important to choose a hotel which takes cleaning and disinfection really serious. One of this hotel is Westgate Resort. Find more about it on westgateresorts.com. Usually, such types of hotels are reputable and aren’t cheap. Usually, I don’t cook cereals but bring Gerber, Heinz with mix of rice. I fill my thermal bottle with all of these and at the restaurant I ask to bring me some hot water on a plate. I mix cereals with hot water and here you are healthy breakfast in 3 minutes. By the way don’t forget to buy fresh fruits from the local market, because the flight affect negatively the immune system of the baby. I hope I helped. Good luck and be patient.

Am I missing something here - who is going to be able to go travelling responsibly in the near future then?