Do I Buy A Audi TT COUPE ?

AzWinnie

Whats up lads, been looking at a 09 plate burnt orange audi tt, its done just over 78,400 miles has leathers/active resr spoiler, service history looks a nice looking car, but what are the things i need to find out about the car before i buy it? Are their things on them that go wrong or need to be changed? Its up for £3,900 

F04A00FD-4B93-4244-BCF4-E475136970CA.jpeg

• Like 1

It looks superb, very cheap for the year, I wonder what is wrong with it, if anything...could be a forced sale due to funds, etc.

Certainly worth looking into it further

Hey Aaron, that TT looks lovely. Service history is very important. with the age/mileage it's worth checking to see when the cambelt abd water pump was last changed. If it has the dsg gearbox check to see when the oil was last changed. If it's Quattro check that the tyres have even wear and ideally the same manufacturers as uneven wearing tyres can affect the quattro system. 

Here's a buyer's guide which might be useful:

Cheers

Steve

On 4/14/2020 at 4:40 PM, Steve Q said:

Hey Aaron, that TT looks lovely. Service history is very important. with the age/mileage it's worth checking to see when the cambelt abd water pump was last changed. If it has the dsg gearbox check to see when the oil was last changed. If it's Quattro check that the tyres have even wear and ideally the same manufacturers as uneven wearing tyres can affect the quattro system. 

Here's a buyer's guide which might be useful:

Cheers

Steve

Thanks for the info and video steve, its a manual transmission, does it atill need a dsg gearbox check? What sorta millege does the cam belt and water pump need doing on TT’s?

3 hours ago, AzWinnie said:

Thanks for the info and video steve, its a manual transmission, does it atill need a dsg gearbox check? What sorta millege does the cam belt and water pump need doing on TT’s?

You're welcome. Dsg is the auto gearbox (also known as s tronic). If it's manual you should be ok. Just make sure gear changes are smooth abd clutch isn't slipping etc. 

What engine is in it? 

Lovely colour by the way 👍

Cheers

Steve

Hello Aaron,

I guess you have checked how many owners it has had and importantly how long the last owner has owned it. Also when the cambelt was last changed - assuming it has a belt rather than chain. Schedule believed to be every 5 years irrespective of mileage, so this 11 year old car should be due next year unless done (with evidence) within the last 5 years. If chain - tensioner needs respect. 

Guess you’ve checked it out on HPI re insurance history etc.

Kind regards,

Gareth.  

4 hours ago, Steve Q said:

You're welcome. Dsg is the auto gearbox (also known as s tronic). If it's manual you should be ok. Just make sure gear changes are smooth abd clutch isn't slipping etc. 

What engine is in it? 

Lovely colour by the way 👍

Cheers

Steve

Thanks yeah i saw it and wanted it straight away, my bro in law is a mechanic and its easy to get cam belt done, obv i will service is well when i get it, just all this lockdown issues is frustrating me.. engine is a 2.0tfsi cant beat a nice turbo

4 hours ago, Magnet said:

Hello Aaron,

I guess you have checked how many owners it has had and importantly how long the last owner has owned it. Also when the cambelt was last changed - assuming it has a belt rather than chain. Schedule believed to be every 5 years irrespective of mileage, so this 11 year old car should be due next year unless done (with evidence) within the last 5 years. If chain - tensioner needs respect. 

Guess you’ve checked it out on HPI re insurance history etc.

Kind regards,

Gareth.  

Im not sure its had a change yet but will get it done straight away, once lockdown is lifted that is

3 hours ago, AzWinnie said:

Thanks yeah i saw it and wanted it straight away, my bro in law is a mechanic and its easy to get cam belt done, obv i will service is well when i get it, just all this lockdown issues is frustrating me.. engine is a 2.0tfsi cant beat a nice turbo

That's handy then. Yes it'll be a cambelt as apposed to a chain. 

• 8 months later...
On 4/14/2020 at 2:15 PM, AzWinnie said:

Whats up lads, been looking at a 09 plate burnt orange audi tt, its done just over 78,400 miles has leathers/active resr spoiler, service history looks a nice looking car, but what are the things i need to find out about the car before i buy it? Are their things on them that go wrong or need to be changed? Its up for £3,900 

F04A00FD-4B93-4244-BCF4-E475136970CA.jpeg

I love this colour, looks gorgeous. 😍 😍