2020 A6 Avant Black Edition - query missing items

Splat85

Evening everyone

I'm new to owning an Audi, just collected the above last week and so far I'm really impressed!  

I could do with picking some brains if people don't mind.....  

The car is an ex-demonstrator which means an employee has spent the last 6 months ragging the hell out of it and treating it like !Removed! (it has scars to tell the tale).  We believe there may be one or two items missing from the luggage compartment and so far aren't really getting much help from the dealership.

We noticed in another A6 Avant that we test drove it had a really funky load guard which pulled vertical and attached to the roof (as well as your normal electric load cover), but yet our new one doesn't.  It has all the cut outs for it, but just not with the car.  Also, we have luggage rails in the boot and the rings but no netting or retention set, do these not come as standard either?

Sorry if these sound ridiculous questions but any help would be much appreciated as Google doesn't seem to be giving me the answers!

Thank you 😄

Hello Natalie,

I think the quickest and most reliable answer to your questions will lie at another dealership where you are more likely to get impartial advice. 

Yes, it’s possible the items you describe are standard equipment for your model, but it could (just could be) that they are ‘extras’. 

Being Devil’s advocate :- I guess you bought the car in the condition/equipped as it is now, and the dealership may well maintain that you have what you bought, since none of the items could be seen as essential. Of course, if the vehicle was bought as new then it would have to be equipped as built. As secondhand, it will be equipped with everything that was with it when you agreed to buy it. 

If it were mine, I would be enquiring at another dealer, then talking nicely to see what compromise you can come to (if any) if anything is missing.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

I agree with Gareth and Kev, I'd be speaking to another Audi garage to see if the parts come standard. Gut feeling is that they do. Might be worth you looking at similar cars in eBay/autotrader to see if you can see the parts fitted to the majority of the cars you look at.