Number plate holder damage help

den9112

Hi i have the audi a3 cab 8p 2011 and i got the bulb out warning for the real left , having had to take the number plate and surround off just to getto the screw it turns out the screw was stripped and no matter what i tried it wouldnt budge so i ended up drilling the head off that helped but the thread was siezed on so i had to damage the whole unit ...Now i have two choiced romove the other and fit LED or find a OEM holder ...Can anyone help if its worth replacing both with LED ( i dont like the realy bright ones ) if anyone as them fitted or point me as to were i may get a OEM one .Thanks.Ps i am trying at the moment to repair one of the spring clips that got damaged while removing so may be able to salvage but any help onreplacements would be apreciated..Thanks

Taken the bulb holder out by force ,replaced new bulb after straightening the two pins either side to fit bulb ..replaced the holder and it's not working ,tested the bulb via battery and bulb is fine ..It looks like two connections are needed in the trim not sure how to test these for power but they look fine.I was asking about replacements and if any one as used LED and don't get errors with them ..

Hello Dennis,

There are three options here as I see it:- 

Continue to try to understand and ‘repair’ what you have.

Look for a secondhand unit.

Buy a new unit from your main dealer. 

These options are listed in order of maximum effort and hassle, and minimum outlay - if that is the most important consideration. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.