New owner with an issue

richy_p

Hello to you all. I just got myself a q5 2010 with the 3.0tdi. It goes well and I love it. Recently though, as I floor the gas pedal, the coil light comes up and goes into limp mode. I have a carista OBDii and it says code 05061. Any help pls pls pls.

4 hours ago, richy_p said:

that article says could be an injector wiring issue with an injector on the the group B side. Which side of the v6 is group B injectors?

I'm not sure to be honest, and google isn't helping much. Here's another thread about it though: 

https://mhhauto.com/Thread-Audi-A5-problem-injector-group-b-fault

So a garage has confirmed the code of p1249, but unsure of it's meaning. So now I'll go to Audi and ask them I suppose. Also had pre-cat o2 sensor come up on their diagnostics system. Thinking thatl be coz of the previous code.

From google: 

"P1249 Meaning

The Engine Control Module (ECM) supplies voltage to each fuel injector on the injector high voltage supply circuits. ... When a fuel injector circuit condition is detected by the ECM, the affected fuel injector(s) is disabled".

That fits. Here's googles interpretation: 

OBD Code P2149 - Fuel Injector Group 'B' Supply Voltage Circuit/Open. This OBD-II code is defined as a Fuel Injector Group "B" Supply Voltage Circuit/Open, it is set by the Powertrain Control Module of the vehicle.

Any idea what it means by group B? I'm gonna check all the voltages and ohms of all the injectors and connectors later and see what that brings me.

2 hours ago, richy_p said:

Any idea what it means by group B? I'm gonna check all the voltages and ohms of all the injectors and connectors later and see what that brings me.

No I don't unfortunately, abd I did do a Google search and search through the forums. As it seems to be a wiring issue, it's worth checking all of it both sides just in case there's signs of potential issues with other parts of it. 

Ok, so I believe it to be injector 5 or 6, whichever the bank the cylinder on driver's side near the turbo is. Voltages are all over the place whereas the other injector connectors seem to be putting out more of a constant voltage. Tracing it back to the ecm will be fun.😒

1 hour ago, richy_p said:

Ok, so I believe it to be injector 5 or 6, whichever the bank the cylinder on driver's side near the turbo is. Voltages are all over the place whereas the other injector connectors seem to be putting out more of a constant voltage. Tracing it back to the ecm will be fun.😒

Glad you've narrowed it down 🙂