Newbie.

Bluenatic

Hello Blue -?

Thanks for being in touch with the forum. 
I steered (pardon the pun) clear of brands promoted  by a certain 3 letter national supplier, and bought Lemforder ones - may have been from them, or their often- cheaper sister company Car Parts for less. Buy once and wisely, and not on price. Try eBay for alternative suppliers of the same brand at more competitive prices. 

Yes, I would change both sides for peace of mind.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks for the reply, have looked at Meyle brand on eBay as they have 4year warranty and heavy duty. Thinking of getting full set for around £350 but been advised mainly lower ones go so not sure if worth it?

Any advice on other issues to watch for as this my 1st Audi?

Only had it 3 weeks and repair being done via warranty.

Hello again,

I would reasonably expect that if this work is being done under warranty then only the offending one would be changed - the warranty would not cover ‘anticipated future wear’ of other units. 
Wonder if you could clarify how the need for a new link was discovered? 
Again, if the work is being done under warranty, you may not have as much control as you would like over the choice of parts used. Even the poorest quality should last the anticipated one year warranty on parts. 
Meyle ‘heavy duty’ vs. Lemforder? Heavy duty can be a much used selling term, along with OEM. I can only restate that it’s been Lemforder (which I believe was the original equipment supplier) for me - if that helps. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.

Hi Gareth 

Yes think you are right warranty claim Wil go down cheapest route.

Had drivers side checked as had a deep squeak noise  each time going over a deep bump or road hump. Will check out your recommendation so ready for future issues.

Kind regards

Blue

Hello Blue,

If this were mine, I would be discussing the part brand to be used, with the warranty company, and if possible even providing the chosen part yourself, and present it for fitting even if this would incur a minor expense on your part. Beware of the often (alway?) used term ‘O.E.M quality’. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.