Alarm/Locking Problem

Robin Pounder

My 2009 1.8TFSI has started to play up. Basically I can't lock it without the alarm going off. Using either the lock button on the fob or the key itself, the doors lock as they should, but a few minutes later, and the length of time is variable, the indicator lights start flashing accompanied by a low volume persistent "beep", not the loud alarm siren though. I disconnected the battery to see if that would reset something, but to no avail, and which in turn has led to other problems, namely the illumination of several warning lights on the instruments. Not sure if this might be relevant, but prior to this fault rearing its head the emission control system warning light appeared. Any ideas?

Robin

HI, Clifford is right it may well be the battery in which case replace it and while they are coding the battery the new battery get them to clear any faults, the emissions light may well be a dodgy oxygen sensor which is an easy cheap fix.

Steve.

2 hours ago, Robin Pounder said:

Turns out the drivers side central locking mechanism was faulty. New one fitted, problem sorted!

Hi glad its sorted out, just goes to prove electrical problem are a real can of worms.

Steve.