Audi Dipstick Part No

Don B

Hi - I have a 2.Ol diesel A4 Avant Quattro Sline - the oil level sensor readings are eratic and so I would like to fit a dipstick but Audi wont tell me the part number - can anyone out there help me with this please? Vin No = WAUZZZ8K3FA078635 / Engine No CGLC463883 - TIA DON

Hello Don, 

I take it your Audi dealer doesn’t want to give you the part number because you possibly don’t want to buy a new one from them -? 
There was someone on here some time ago who seemed to be able to get part numbers from the VIN. 
Hopefully, they will be along for you Don.
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

2 hours ago, Don B said:

Hi - I have a 2.Ol diesel A4 Avant Quattro Sline - the oil level sensor readings are eratic and so I would like to fit a dipstick but Audi wont tell me the part number - can anyone out there help me with this please? Vin No = WAUZZZ8K3FA078635 / Engine No CGLC463883 - TIA DON

Hi Don you will only get the dipstick from America I tried with mine but if you factor in the postage and possible customs charges it is cheaper just to buy the level sensor, I will see if I can get a part number based on your VIN. 

Regards Steve.

• Like 1

Hi Don, no mention of the dipstick on my system, found a bit of a heath Robinson multi vehicle system made by Sealy but its not practical as you can't leave it in situ, Audi want £120 for their item but I have found loads on eBay a lot cheaper under the following part numbers, original part number is,03C 907 660 Q, The supersession number is, 03C 907 660 AA, as I keep telling Gareth the letters are an update of the year of part build and it is the same part with different letters as you will see when you plumb the part number into eBay they state that both of the numbers are O.E. and will fit.

Steve.

Thanks Steve, 

No offence meant, but great that you put your faith in EBay’s generic cross reference, which I think has caught a number of people out with its inaccuracies. 

Perhaps I’ve got it wrong with the significance of the last letter with Audi, and if so, it wouldn’t explain why I have the wrong Audi cambelt kit here on the shelf, which only differs from a completely different one by the letter at the end of the full part number. 
It could be me Steve! 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

On 11/8/2021 at 7:12 PM, Magnet said:

Thanks Steve, 

No offence meant, but great that you put your faith in EBay’s generic cross reference, which I think has caught a number of people out with its inaccuracies. 

Perhaps I’ve got it wrong with the significance of the last letter with Audi, and if so, it wouldn’t explain why I have the wrong Audi cambelt kit here on the shelf, which only differs from a completely different one by the letter at the end of the full part number. 
It could be me Steve! 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth you don't just buy it because eBay compatibility graph says it will fit, if you have the correct parts system it gives you the part number of the part your car was built with with the supersession numbers which will have different letters at the end of them but will still fit your vehicle, if any of those numbers are on the listing as o.e. numbers it is safe to buy the item, if you are still not sure message the seller they will confirm/deny and if its still the wrong part, it won't be sitting  on anyones shelf as you send it back, you have to have the correct number in the first place along with any supersession numbers, E.G, I obtained my daughters cam belt kit from eBay the part number matched but the sellers cross reference said it wouldn't fit so I asked the question and they came back with YES IT FITS, although when it came I checked it but the part number had different letters at the end and stated it was for a Skoda, so did I send it back [NO] I just got it fitted to a Q3, its called Globalisation make a part which fits a range of VAG vehicles but give it a different letter at the end and they will tell you that because the letter is different it won't fit your Audi which has the same engine with a different engine cover, you just have to have the Right number in the first place and it shouldn't be from some random parts catalogue on the internet whats known in engineering terms as RDS reliable data source, anyway  the Skoda belt [Dayco brand] has been whizzing round for the last 700 miles with no problems and I don't see any future problems as Dayco is an o.e. supplier even if it is for a Skoda on the packaging, its all smoke and mirrors. I don't know where you got the number for your belt but something is badly wrong with the information.

Steve.