A3 Saloon roof bars

Kevmoz

Hi all,

I’ve ordered and waiting delivery on a new A3 saloon. I’m coming from a Golf mk7.5 and wondered if the genuine VW roof bars would fit the A3 saloon, I suspect not but always good to ask and check. I’ve done a search but can’t find anything related to this.

Thanks in advance 

Kev

1 hour ago, Steve Q said:

I don't think they will as I think the roof line is different. Worth a try once your new a3 arrives though 👍

Cheers Steve, I expect they won’t so I’ll sell them when the Golf goes.

ATB

Hello Kev,

Unless things have changed with the A3, they don’t come with pre-drilled fixing points for fitting the front to back roof rails, on which the roof bars sit on/connect to, so if you haven’t specified roof rails within your build, then effectively you wont practically be able to retro fit them, without drilling the roof! 
If you are talking about fitting the clamp-under- door-frame type roof cross bars then yours might fit. Personally, I’m not a fan of this type of fixing, but….

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Hello Kev,

Unless things have changed with the A3, they don’t come with pre-drilled fixing points for fitting the front to back roof rails, on which the roof bars sit on/connect to, so if you haven’t specified roof rails within your build, then effectively you wont practically be able to retro fit them, without drilling the roof! 
If you are talking about fitting the clamp-under- door-frame type roof cross bars then yours might fit. Personally, I’m not a fan of this type of fixing, but….

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Cheers Gareth, I have the clamp under door bars at the moment. I’ll see if the dealer will let me take my bars in to check. I still think they won’t fit!