If you want a nightmare buy one of these.

Stevey Y

Hi gents, I had my first ever sit-down in a Hybrid today and to say I was disappointed would be an understatement, one of my fellow drivers had the back of his 2017 Skoda Superb caved in by another motorist and has been given a 2019 Toyota Corolla Hybrid as a replacement cab until his one is fixed, he kept telling me what a fine drive it is so thought I would take a look, to start with as an estate its cramped and does not even compete with my old Mondeo estate for room, the seats are some cruddy nylon material but comfortable enough, every other gadget known to man is on a fixed MMI replica, the doors are very thin and light and the interior plastics dash etc are made from rather uninspiring black hard plastic, here is the best bit if you sit with the ignition on position two as I often do when on the phone for a length of time say twenty mins the car starts itself so it can top up the drive battery, how is that running for fifteen mins cutting emissions furthermore I am running a five year old battery which when i  turn off completely after using the phone still starts the car when I want it to, looks wise its still an ugly car even my old MK4/5 facelift Mondeo estate had more presence than this thing, it sat well and looked like the old MK4 on steroids, I defy anyone to say that the Audi styling is as bad as the Toyota and the trim is the same even the older Audis still turn heads how the Toyota justifies a second hand price tag of around £20,000 is beyond me as it is soul less when you look at what you could get elsewhere for the same money, it really made me appreciate climbing back into my Avant, the driver came and spoke to me just before I clocked off and admitted he actually can't wait to get his Skoda back.

Steve.

• Like 1

I've driven the new corolla and found it not to be a good car. Plus I found the last of the line avensis to be a disappoint too. It only achieved 36mpg from it's 2.0 diesel. Which is the same as I get from my old v6 a6! 

However I do believe Toyota have been hiding uneconomical engines behind the hybrid system. 

Needless to say I wouldn't buy a Toyota car but I've got nothing against Toyota pickups which I find good. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Steve Q said:

I've driven the new corolla and found it not to be a good car. Plus I found the last of the line avensis to be a disappoint too. It only achieved 36mpg from it's 2.0 diesel. Which is the same as I get from my old v6 a6! 

However I do believe Toyota have been hiding uneconomical engines behind the hybrid system. 

Needless to say I wouldn't buy a Toyota car but I've got nothing against Toyota pickups which I find good. 

Hi Stevie, I can't argue against the reliability and appeal of the pickups but I am glad its not only me who's noticed the cars are overpriced cr@p, what on earth is going on in the minds of the buyers of these cars it seems to be a kind of Monocular buyers syndrome, I really believe these people are readily brainwashed by the salesman.

and only learn by the mistake when in a couple of years what they have for sale is about as popular as Covid, still there are those out there suffering the depravation of buying an approved used dealer car and that includes Audi unfortunately. I think  even when my A6 has expired as a cab I will be hard pressed to get rid of it.

Steve.

Yep it's not just you that's noticed it. I think most people are won over by the amount of warranty they come with. It's scary the price you pay for Toyotas now though! 

I'm in the same boat. I do t know what I'll change to next. 

2 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Yep it's not just you that's noticed it. I think most people are won over by the amount of warranty they come with. It's scary the price you pay for Toyotas now though! 

I'm in the same boat. I do t know what I'll change to next. 

Hi Steve, stick with Audi as have you not read yet, the investment rules are to be relaxed next year to allow more mining and oil exploration as the current legislation banning extra investment has caused fossil fuels to become rare and forced the prices up sky high which in turn is causing Hyper inflation in most of the worlds economies, the dozy Barstewards have finally realised that if they carry on people won't be able to afford a loaf of bread let alone an electric car the restrictions are to be lifted for the next five years giving us a good supply of diesel/petrol for ten years after that, UP YOURS GRETA.

Steve.

Thank goodness for that! Inflation isn't something they took into account. I do believe the country is being run by authoritarian chimpanzees. 

Actually that's insulting on chimps. Probably more like hyenas. 

• Like 1