Damaged Headlight Lens

Jacob Dawes

Good afternoon,

I recently hit a pheasant on my travels and irritatingly it has damaged my left front headlight lens.

would anyone know if you can just change the lens or does it require a full new lighting unit.

Thanks in advance 

Audi Damaged Headlight Lens.jpg

That is annoying. Sometimes the lense can be replaced but you have to hear the headlight up to soften the glue abd then replace the lense using new glue. 

If you can find a second hand headlight that would be your easiest option but not necessarily the cheapest. 

Hello Jacob,

Thank you for being in touch with the forum, albeit under unfortunate circumstances. 
If I had to guess on whether the outer ‘lens’ is available as a separate part, then I think my guess would be it wouldn’t be. 
Could I suggest you check this with your local main dealer, and if so, it may be worth having a look on eBay etc. to see if anyone is advertising a secondhand one, or even an aftermarket one. 
Failing this, you try one of the on line breaker link contacts - Partsfinder is just one - and registering your ‘want’ on there. If any of the linked-in car breakers have one, they will then notify you direct. 
If all this fails, and you have to go down the route of buying new, then perhaps you can let the forum know, and I could then suggest a couple of main dealers who would probably offer you some discount. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.