Replace speedometer

Rouz

Hi,

I need to replace my Audi Q3 2016 speedometer which has only Kph to one with Mph. I have searched for the current part number on the Internet but this one only has Kph. Can I select a speedometer with different part number?

2 hours ago, Rouz said:

Hi,

I need to replace my Audi Q3 2016 speedometer which has only Kph to one with Mph. I have searched for the current part number on the Internet but this one only has Kph. Can I select a speedometer with different part number?

If your car has a digital speedo I believe you can change it in the settings. 

If its for importing the car then I think the mph Speedo has a different part number. I'd be speaking to Audi as any new Speedo will need to be coded to the car for it to work. 

1 hour ago, Steve Q said:

If your car has a digital speedo I believe you can change it in the settings. 

If its for importing the car then I think the mph Speedo has a different part number. I'd be speaking to Audi as any new Speedo will need to be coded to the car for it to work. 

No it is a manual speedo. I was thinking to buy a replacement and do it myself as Audi service centre can be expensive. 

5 minutes ago, Magnet said:

I’m very surprised that this is a ‘manual’ speedometer. By manual, you mean not electronically controlled?? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

No I mean the face/background sticker is only in Kph.

15 hours ago, Steve Q said:

I believe even if you fit it yourself you'll still need a garage or Audi to have them coded to the ECU and immobiliser etc. 

How about just change the face? Would that be possible?

6 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

But even if you do that won't the needle be slightly off? 

Yeah that's the point. Do you know a garage in London that does the coding?

5 hours ago, Rouz said:

Yeah that's the point. Do you know a garage in London that does the coding?

Hi try ECU Testing phone them up and ask if they can modify your unit which will then retain its original coding they recently helped another member on here by substituting his coding on the original unit which was knackered to a new donor unit he bought on line.

Steve.

• Thanks 1