Key fob not working after battery change

Hi, can anyone please tell me how to resynch the key fob after a battery change, for a 2018 A6.

I had the replace key battery replace warning, which I've done but the fob won't now un/lock the car. I can start the car by placing it on the key sensor.

Any suggestions welcome, thank you.

18 minutes ago, Serrebrro said:

Try leaving the key in the ignition for 5 or so minutes, fixed mine this way. Also check the battery polarity you could have put it in the wrong way.

Its a keyless start/stop system, so no ignition unfortunately, just a wireless connection for the fob when the battery isnt working. Will check the battery though - fairly sure its correct but could be user error. Thank you

• 5 months later...

I have the same issue. 2019 c8 A6. I can get in by using the physical key, then re sync it by placing it on the wireless synching point (whilst the alarm is going off) and then it starts, alarm stops howling and all is good. It’ll then be fine for a day or so and then it seems to ‘forget’ it’s key again. If anyone has managed to solve this problem, any help would be greatly appreciated!