picking it up today

train tickets bought, price agreed, off to pick up a 2008 A6 today, won't put too many deatails yet as the car is still advertised until i hand over payment, i will upload some photos (probably tomorrow) once i have it.

on my past cars (jaguar & Mercedes) i used an icarsoft scanner, any recomendations for a scanner on the 2008 A6 at all please?

thanks Tony

2 minutes ago, Tony Barnes said:

Just got home with it, too dark to take photos, but here are the ebay photos.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Wow, lovely colour and looks a nice example 🙂 guessing you're pleased with it 🙂

thanks, yes i am 99% happy with it, air con does not work and the wheels could do with an overhaul, just managed to pair my phone with the car but cannot for the life of me work out how to put all my phone number into the car.

Edited by Tony Barnes

34 minutes ago, Tony Barnes said:

thanks, yes i am 99% happy with it, air con does not work and the wheels could do with an overhaul, just managed to pair my phone with the car but cannot for the life of me work out how to put all my phone number into the car.

The AC fault could just be a regas but worse case scenario it's the compressor. If it is then it could be an expensive bill. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tony Barnes said:

It also appears that my parking sensors are not working either, need to find someone who can plug it in and tell me what's wrong with it.

It could just be a sensor, broken wire or failed module. I'd definitely recommend a diagnostic check to see what fault codes flag up. 

1 hour ago, bantamdave21 said:

Hiya, welcome to the club…

nice looking car, I have VCDS based North Notts if you’re passing (assuming it covers back this far VCDS I mean)

Cheers. I'm in Carlton-in-Lindrick, may well take you up on the vcds offer

Edited by Tony Barnes
Adding detail

20 hours ago, Tony Barnes said:

Cheers. I'm in Carlton-in-Lindrick, may well take you up on the vcds offer

I’d even bring it top you if it was a day Johns flower shop was open lol, maybe anyway - the Mrs always has a list. I’m central, near the two new(ish) schools