Boot/tailgate

Jay1878

Hello i drive an Audi a4 avant. I was just wondering if my tailgate/boot should lift up automatically when i press the boot open button on my Key fob.

3 hours ago, Jay1878 said:

Hello i drive an Audi a4 avant. I was just wondering if my tailgate/boot should lift up automatically when i press the boot open button on my Key fob.

No I believe it just unlocks it. 

7 hours ago, Jay1878 said:

Hi unless it has a release button in the drivers door card probably not.

Steve.

On 5/22/2022 at 10:55 AM, Jay1878 said:

Hold it down for 3 seconds 

Mine opens on a long press as well. Wish it would close remotely though. It was the same with the Jaguar XF, but you could easily install the LR Discovery module into the boot and it would close as well, is there anything available like that for the Audi?

• 7 months later...

Yes there is, however, i don't know what the part name is!

I had "something" (!) fitted by Royle Auto Services which means I can auto close the boot hatch using the key fob and also using the hatch open button in the driver's door.

I recall Chris at Royle ordering a "black box" that is then itted inside the tailgate.

Sorry I can't be more specific but I'd expect any good independent would be able to help.

David