Damage to jacking point

Brizzle

Afternoon all 

Today noticed that on the drivers side off my car the bit where you jack it up is damaged, not sure how or when it was done 

Would you leave it like this or look at getting it done

Wonder if it was guys trying to get to the cat?

ECFBEE08-F985-4E3B-B269-89A9F0D9F370.jpeg

Hello Karl,

Sorry to hear of your sill damage. 
This is likely to detract from the car’s value/appeal, and personally, I would be looking to get it rectified as funds allow. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 
p.s. It won’t cost anything to get a couple of quotes, and if it were mine, I would be having a chat with a couple of the smaller used car dealers in your area. These chaps usually know where to get work done at more reasonable costs. 

1 minute ago, Magnet said:

Hello Karl,

Sorry to hear of your sill damage. 
This is likely to detract from the car’s value/appeal, and personally, I would be looking to get it rectified as funds allow. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 
p.s. It won’t cost anything to get a couple of quotes, and if it were mine, I would be having a chat with a couple of the smaller used car dealers in your area. These chaps usually know where to get work done at more reasonable costs. 

Is having a new sill a big job to do?

Thanks for you reply 

32 minutes ago, Brizzle said:

Is having a new sill a big job to do?

Thanks for you reply 

Hi you won't need a new sill as if its plastic they just heat it with a hot air gun whilst pushing with something like a screwdriver handle from the other side and it pops out, ABS will always want to go back to the shape it was moulded to, it might need a skim of filler and definitely some paint.

Steve.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi you won't need a new sill as if its plastic they just heat it with a hot air gun whilst pushing with something like a screwdriver handle from the other side and it pops out, ABS will always want to go back to the shape it was moulded to, it might need a skim of filler and definitely some paint.

Steve.

Ok cheers man, I may give it a try if it’s really that simple 

Just now, Brizzle said:

1 minute ago, Brizzle said:

Hi please see the pics posted of my bumper just don't get the gun to close and keep it moving otherwise you will set light to the plastic best engage a suitable assistant to gently massage the other side when heating, BTW  I DID NOT DO THE FILLING OR SPRAYING after, but in saying that yours is a straight edge which any competent spray shop should be able to do for a few quid as a side job.

IMG_20220525_200905_resized_20220711_064039487.jpg

IMG_20220711_183702_resized_20220711_063935977.jpg

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, JMKC82 said:

Hi, just to clarify, the actual jacking point on the chassis looks fine.  Whoever tried to jack it up, put the jack in the wrong place.

I know mate, someone in a hurry by the looks of it, but I have no idea why

Someones has a go while it’s been parked up