Weird noise when idle

Dedule

Yeah that makes sense lol, sorry in the first place. https://streamable.com/xrkc5n hope this is fine.

3 minutes ago, cliffcoggin said:

Sorry Kristupas, I will not download anything from strangers. If you put your video on a public platform that checks for malware I'll be happy to look at it.

3 hours ago, cliffcoggin said:

Sorry Kristupas, I will not download anything from strangers. If you put your video on a public platform that checks for malware I'll be happy to look at it.

Hi Clifford you are not downloading anything what the guy has posted is a video that you just watch its the same as youtube, as far as I am aware this is a public platform and unless your computer is an Alan Turing MK2 Christopher you are in no danger, being as this forum checks for malevolence I am sure the appropriate malware protection is in place otherwise we would all have been screwed a long time ago.

Steve.

Just wanted to add, after you give it a short drive (a couple of minutes) it just dissapears. And after turning off the engine and letting it sit for a bit, the story repeats.

Edited by Dedule

2 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Before watching the video I'd have said look at loose heat shields, engine mounts or other loose components in the engine bay. But that sounds worse. Could it be the lower pulley coming loose? 

I'll be taking it to a shop next week since there's not much I can do myself, but the engine bay seems clear of any sort of sounds including that one.

On 9/8/2022 at 4:52 PM, Dedule said:

Yeah that makes sense lol, sorry in the first place. https://streamable.com/xrkc5n hope this is fine.

That's better, thank you. I can not hear the noise well enough to identify it with certainty. Slack timing chain, loose pulley, a split intake sucking in air are possibilities in addition to Steve's suggestions.

21 hours ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi Clifford you are not downloading anything what the guy has posted is a video that you just watch its the same as youtube, as far as I am aware this is a public platform and unless your computer is an Alan Turing MK2 Christopher you are in no danger, being as this forum checks for malevolence I am sure the appropriate malware protection is in place otherwise we would all have been screwed a long time ago.

Steve.

Not so Steve. What was posted was a .mov file which I can not open without first downloading it. Youtube is entirely different, being a website that can be reached from a browser with all the attendant malware filters.

If your computer allowed you to open the file without asking your permission or warning you of the possible consequences I suggest you get some better protection.

35 minutes ago, cliffcoggin said:

Not so Steve. What was posted was a .mov file which I can not open without first downloading it. Youtube is entirely different, being a website that can be reached from a browser with all the attendant malware filters.

If your computer allowed you to open the file without asking your permission or warning you of the possible consequences I suggest you get some better protection.

No worries there I have a Mac Airbook, Macs don't get viruses never had any trouble with that in five years of ownership, it tells me which are not safe sites if I am looking for something and I am not quite sure what your using but you shouldn't have to give permission to download something from a safe website like this one, so in essence you are trying to say this websites firewalls are rubbish so you can't trust it, I think you might be better served with an up to date operating system or a Mac.

Steve.

I'll not be drawn into an argument about security and privacy of operating systems. Apart from being off topic, such debates are always futile as they depend more on opinion than evidence. Suffice to say I will continue my policy of not downloading attachments from this or any other forum.