Electric seat

Neville Donaldson

Thanks Neville,

Have you had a look in the handbook for the fuse location? 
Is the driver’s seat operating as it should? If so, then it’s perhaps unlikely to be a fuse, since I would expect both seats to work off the same fuse - but you would need to confirm via. the list of fuses. 
If indeed it isn’t the fuse, then I would suggest it might be better to invest in an hour’s time with a trusted local autoelectrician, unless you are ‘handy’ with such issues. 
Possibles:- Seat jammed - have you checked under the seat for any obstructions? 
Possible dirty connector under the seat ( quite common), and you could try a good squirt of contact cleaner, but do not ( in caps) disconnect anything! 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hello Neville,

We do seem to be going around in circles with this. Have you got the physical printed hard copy which would have come with the car? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

Hello Neville,

It could be as simple as a dirty connection, so have you squirted it with some contact cleaner - do not ( in caps) disconnect anything. Did you check ( with a mirror I guess) that there isn’t anything jammed under the seat? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

The benefits of the assistance of Percy Verance comes to mind! 
Mirror, contact cleaner aerosol with a long nozzle etc. Etc. - or just take it to a garage who can put it on a lift and have the under-seat area at eye height. 
There isn’t any quick fix for this Neville, so you have little other choice than the above two - as I see it. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 
p.s. Motor burnt out? Balance of probability would suggest no, since it’s the lesser used passenger seat - unless your passengers are in the habit of making frequent adjustments to the seat positions. 

Hello Neville,

I seriously doubt the fuse is at fault since the driver side is working. 
You’ve told us the seat cannot be moved leg-room wise, but can we take it none of the other seat functions (recline etc) work either? 
Pessimistic it may be, but it does seem like you are going to need the assistance of an auto-electrician. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/4/2022 at 10:19 AM, Magnet said:

The benefits of the assistance of Percy Verance comes to mind! 
Mirror, contact cleaner aerosol with a long nozzle etc. Etc. - or just take it to a garage who can put it on a lift and have the under-seat area at eye height. 
There isn’t any quick fix for this Neville, so you have little other choice than the above two - as I see it. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 
p.s. Motor burnt out? Balance of probability would suggest no, since it’s the lesser used passenger seat - unless your passengers are in the habit of making frequent adjustments to the seat positions. 

Hi Gareth 

I finally got to the bottom of this. After a lot of messing about I managed to get the seat out 😵💫 to find that a main live wire had loosened itself from one of the connectors. This in turn had burnt out the control box under the seat. 

I'm a happy man now 😃

• Like 1