2018 - 1.5 TFSI rattle noise

Greg_B
聽Share

Hi聽馃憢聽the video attached is an A3 1.5 TFSI auto, parked and idling. To me the engine has its usual/normal ticking noise but, there is also a low tone rattle noise (wait for it, it's not there immediately in the video). It's not there all the time but does happen every time my foot lightly touches the accelerator before any revs kick in. Does this engine noise sound normal, any ideas if it is a simple fix or should this be concerning? Any help/advice, opinions would be fantastic.

Edited by Greg_B
Engine spec change

Hi Steve, thanks for replying 馃檪聽I'm hesitant to聽dismiss聽anything at this stage. The noise only really happens when my foot is lightly on the聽accelerator聽but聽not putting any revs through the engine.聽Because there is no load on the engine I was thinking it could be聽maybe belt tensioners!
Do you agree that the low pitch rattle isn't normal?聽

1 hour ago, Greg_B said:

Hi Steve, 67,500 miles and yes the noise disappears as soon as the revs start.

Hi what I meant was does the noise go when you push the clutch down without increasing the revs, just trying to eliminate the clutch as the culprit.

Steve.