Upholstery issue.

Wilko91

Just curious if anyone has experienced leather upholstery issue before. My drivers seat has slightly separated from the headrest plastic moulding. Its is relatively minor. Audi have said it should just clip back in, but it doesn't. Looks like the headrest moulding, needs removing first. Anyway the car has approved warranty, and i have left it with them. So lets see.AAEC7280-A577-4F0E-BEAA-774A9B0B0B97.thumb.png.34b8e84f78cca09b7c605ea35fba16fb.png

Thanks Steve Q. Audi dealer checked it out. They couldn't fix it. So an Audi Approved Upholsterer will be arranged to visit me at home,  so they can look at it and try to carry out the repair. If they cant fix it, Audi will provide a new seat cover. Audi guy i was dealing with, says technicians reckon the leather may have stretched, for some reason. Will update in due course. Regards John.

• Like 1

Many thanks for the update John. 
‘… leather stretched….’ ! We put our faith in main dealer technicians! If it had stretched then it would have pushed itself further in or wrinkled, rather than ‘shrinking’ and pulling itself away. Should we be worried? Of course the cow may have had, or needed, a facelift. 
For what it’s worth:- my stab at it is that there is a sewn on tag on the leather that engages in some sort of clip towards the headrest section, and these two have had an argument and parted. 
It might be worth gathering your thoughts on the Approved Upholster coming up with something along the line of ‘ I don’t take seats apart to repair - I just attend to surface repairs …’ 
Good luck in getting it fixed.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...